Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Real Madrid (0-0) Preseason Game #2 10/8/15  (Read 29598 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Real Madrid (0-0) Preseason Game #2 10/8/15
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2015, 08:59:28 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
David Lee is an old-school 80's player...would have fit well on our 2008 team also.
I've been on board with Lee since we brought him in.  I didn't get why people were so negative about the move.  Seemed to me, he was instantly the best player on the team. 

Years ago when he was in New York I use to say, "If David Lee played in Boston, homers would be comparing him to Dave Cowens within a week"...  He might be too old at this point to get that comparison, but I'm still semi expecting to see someone make it.

Wow.  Alarming that you gave credit to or support anyone Celtics

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2015, 09:29:03 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Let's not kid ourselves. Draft position is everything. It's why Kwame Brown is going to the hall of fame and no one remembers who Ben Wallace is.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
David Lee is an old-school 80's player...would have fit well on our 2008 team also.
I've been on board with Lee since we brought him in.  I didn't get why people were so negative about the move.  Seemed to me, he was instantly the best player on the team. 

Years ago when he was in New York I use to say, "If David Lee played in Boston, homers would be comparing him to Dave Cowens within a week"...  He might be too old at this point to get that comparison, but I'm still semi expecting to see someone make it.

Wow.  Alarming that you gave credit to or support anyone Celtics
It's a misconception that I'm auto-neg on everything Celtic-related.  I'm admitted pessimistic and play along, but I think I slant more towards realism than pure negativity.   Problem is, since about 2010 there hasn't been a ton to be super positive about around here.  Team took an extended slide into irrelevance and we've yet to really acquire anyone who could possibly be considered a star.  Marcus Smart is the only guy you could realistically hope to have star potential and I'm still skeptical he'll get there. 

But the David Lee thing, in terms of pure talent addition, was a clear win.  It's not like he lost the ability to play basketball.  He's a poor man's Kevin Love and we got him for just about nothing.  He'll be garbage defensively, but he'll score buckets and get some boards.  I was fine with it.

I've also consistently praised Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens for for the work they are doing here.  Don't misinterpret my acknowledgement of our lack of starting talent as general dislike for the Celtics.   We have an elite coach and easily a top 5 org/management/ownership group.   Superstars aren't falling out of the sky, but I really don't have any complaints about how Ainge is running this thing.  We just need some lucky breaks either by stars becoming available or lucking out in the draft. 

« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2015, 10:29:23 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So ...I just finished watching  :)

Lee was ball n his tail,off .....wow......what a steal ....at any price.

He did more in one game ....than Wallace did the whole time four years in Boston ....LOL

I was super impressed with Rozier .   He can stoke it.     No fear in that kid.

IT , Smart and Sully looked to be off .   The refs made some seriously bad calls on Smart

Mickey played well .

Missed Amir .    He is awesome in the paint.

Good win. :)

Assuming that you meant stroke - awkward, lol ;D.

« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2015, 01:52:01 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Conflicted about RJ.  Dude has a very quick trigger, which on the one hand tells you that he knows what his role is and how he's going to make it in this league.  On the other hand, he's shooting a very low percentage through two games, albeit in short minutes.  Kinda seems like he needs to find other ways to contribute and pick his spots a bit more.
RJ was pretty disappointing in Summer league.  Shot terribly and put up pretty mediocre stats considering his college pedigree.   I expect very little from the rookies this year.  All of them will be D-Leaguing.

I thought RJ was fine in SL, he struggled at first but as he gained confidence he was certainly shooting better. And these guys will take time to adjust to the NBA game, you can't quote his college pedigree and then say you're disappointed because he didn't play as well.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
The game was al lot of fun to see with many European Celtics fans!
I traveled from the Netherlands to Madrid for this game. (not as far as my 2 trips to Boston)

My picture with the GOAT @ the game!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Lee, Rozier, and AB did pretty well. Good to see better competition against the C's this game. Did seem the depth and youth of the C's wore Madrid down more than individual talent levels. Maybe this is their goal as depth is their strength and it builds every players morale and value. Yet NBA players are better athletes so we will have to see if it can work over a season and even then its doubtful to be effective in the playoffs. Hope by deadline DA brings in a big talent to help get us to round two and help lure better FAs.

« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2015, 01:55:56 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
So much fun watching these guys.

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I traveled from the Netherlands to Madrid for this game. (not as far as my 2 trips to Boston)

Come on man, you can't just post a pic like that without a story, no matter how brief it may be.  How did you get the pic, was it easy?  Any other people from the C's organization blow you off in attempts for pics?  Were you the only person asking Scal for a pic?  I want details!

TP though, definitely cool.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Problem is, since about 2010 there hasn't been a ton to be super positive about around here.

I really enjoyed the 2012 season and that playoff run, even if it was aided by injuries on other teams.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2015, 02:33:13 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Problem is, since about 2010 there hasn't been a ton to be super positive about around here.

I really enjoyed the 2012 season and that playoff run, even if it was aided by injuries on other teams.

Conveniently forgetting that there were injuries to the Celtics players as well.

« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2015, 07:00:24 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride

Come on man, you can't just post a pic like that without a story, no matter how brief it may be.  How did you get the pic, was it easy?  Any other people from the C's organization blow you off in attempts for pics?  Were you the only person asking Scal for a pic?  I want details!

Haha my brother wore a shirt of Scal! So Scal wanted a photo with my brother!
Scal tweeted it: https://twitter.com/Scalabrine/status/652187617933590528

After this i also got a picture with Scal!

Danny Ainge & Wyc Grousbeck wen't to the Celtics fans in the stands for questions and photos.
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2015, 07:53:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Danny Ainge & Wyc Grousbeck wen't to the Celtics fans in the stands for questions and photos.

Be honest, you wanted a pic with him so you could tell everyone that he is your dad. I would almost believe it because you look a lot like Scal!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:16:20 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2015, 02:55:03 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Be honest, you wanted a pic with him so you could tell everyone that he is your dad. I would almost believe it because you look a lot like Scal!  ;D

That may be the biggest compliment I've ever seen a woman give a man in writing.

An aside, for all the great posters here, I'm very disappointed no one reported that Waltah was on the sidelines (unless I missed it). Shame on you.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC