Author Topic: Matt Barnes drives 95 miles to beat up Derek Fisher for dating ex  (Read 5106 times)

Re: Matt Barnes drives 95 miles to beat up Derek Fisher for dating ex
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 06:11:03 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:50:26 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
more on the news

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--nba-to-investigate-derek-fisher-matt-barnes-confrontation-204712410.html

idk why, somehow I find this funny, and also maybe cuz these two are ex-Laker players

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 08:53:12 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
After looking at a picture of the girl, I cant blame neither of them.

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 08:55:04 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Even before I read the evidence supporting this and had just seen the headline, I thought "that sounds about right on all fronts".

No, its the wrong Laker. You would need to change "Derek Fisher" to "Kobe Bryant".

Nah I can totally see Fisher being the kind of guy to move in on former (or current) spouses. 

No report of him flopping when Barnes came at him, though, which sounds kinda off.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Barnes himself was publicly bragging about hooking up with Rihanna, so I don't think he gets to play the "we're not totally separated" card.

Except she came out and said "I've never actually met the dude" right after.  I think he's just kind of lost touch with reality
maybe they just didn't bother to exchange names afterwards.  8)

he'd pretty much recognize Rihanna without asking but who'd really recognize Matt Barnes without asking (or even after asking since he's not exactly a household name).

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 04:10:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
From Ramona Shelburn (condensed from tweets: https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne):

Updates on Matt Barnes story. Source tells ESPN he was in LA, not Santa Barbara when he learned Fisher was at his house.

Barnes HAD been in Santa Barbara w/ the Grizz.  But he was in LA by time he got a call from one of his twins that Fisher was at the house

Just got off the phone with @matt_barnes22 about his run in with Derek Fisher last weekend.

Barnes said he was in Marina Del Ray when he got a text from his 6-year old son Carter around 10 p.m. that had him concerned.

Carter is normally rambunctious. But when he Facetimed him, "his head was down on the couch" and he said, ‘Mommies friend Derek is here.’"

Barnes said he Factimed his 6-year old son Carter to check on him and "When I saw his face I knew something was wrong."

"I can’t believe people think I was some maniac driving 95 miles and listening to Tupac to go beat somebody up," Barnes said.

“We were on Facetime. I could see him and the look on his face.” Barnes said of Carter. "That was my main reason for going over there"

Barnes: "I live 15 minutes away and I was going over to check on my kids because they seemed uncomfortable. "

Barnes said he, his ex-wife and kids had driven together from Santa Barbara earlier in the day after the Grizzlies finished training camp

He declined comment on the specifics of the altercation that ensued  between he and Fisher.

Barnes on his relationship with Fisher: "We were close. We were friends. Some things have happened to change that. It is what it is.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
From Ramona Shelburn (condensed from tweets: https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne):

Updates on Matt Barnes story. Source tells ESPN he was in LA, not Santa Barbara when he learned Fisher was at his house.

Barnes HAD been in Santa Barbara w/ the Grizz.  But he was in LA by time he got a call from one of his twins that Fisher was at the house

Just got off the phone with @matt_barnes22 about his run in with Derek Fisher last weekend.

Barnes said he was in Marina Del Ray when he got a text from his 6-year old son Carter around 10 p.m. that had him concerned.

Carter is normally rambunctious. But when he Facetimed him, "his head was down on the couch" and he said, ‘Mommies friend Derek is here.’"

Barnes said he Factimed his 6-year old son Carter to check on him and "When I saw his face I knew something was wrong."

"I can’t believe people think I was some maniac driving 95 miles and listening to Tupac to go beat somebody up," Barnes said.

“We were on Facetime. I could see him and the look on his face.” Barnes said of Carter. "That was my main reason for going over there"

Barnes: "I live 15 minutes away and I was going over to check on my kids because they seemed uncomfortable. "

Barnes said he, his ex-wife and kids had driven together from Santa Barbara earlier in the day after the Grizzlies finished training camp

He declined comment on the specifics of the altercation that ensued  between he and Fisher.

Barnes on his relationship with Fisher: "We were close. We were friends. Some things have happened to change that. It is what it is.
put into an article now http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13838338/memphis-grizzlies-forward-matt-barnes-says-was-checking-sons-not-confronting-knicks-coach-derek-fisher
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 05:04:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I would walk 500 miles to slap Matt Barnes.

https://youtu.be/TyyNlxiMDB8

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Matt Barnes is a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.bag, but I think that these kinds of things should stay private. Nobody went to jail, nobody got hurt (I hope) but it´s still in the news worldwide.