Author Topic: Jordan Mickey Impressed Me the Most Yesterday  (Read 3639 times)

Jordan Mickey Impressed Me the Most Yesterday
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
All the caveats about preseason (and overseas preseason) understood, I thought Mickey looked really good in his garbage time. When the youngsters were all in during the final minutes, it seemed like a few of them (Young and PJ3, especially) were forcing the action but Mickey made smart, simple plays on offense. For a guy whose big skill is supposed to be on the defensive end, I was happy with what I saw.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Jordan Mickey Impressed Me the Most Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 12:02:37 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Triboy, is that you?!  :P

In all seriousness, though, he did look really good. The problem is he has quite a few people of more experience ahead of him. I want to see him tear up the D-league this year then really help contribute with us next year after we lose some of our PFs (hopefully).

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:59:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He missed the shot but his spin move was fast.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 01:01:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like his ......very serious ....no fooling around attitude .

He brings Crowder like  tuffness , won't be pushed around like KO or intimidated by other bigs.  He got a little KG attitude going on.

I predict the first time Mickey and Whiteside meet .....BOTH get kicked out of the game

I think he has a decent offensive potential. He handles the ball good .....soft hands or non Bass like bobbling tendencies

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Triboy, is that you?!  :P

In all seriousness, though, he did look really good. The problem is he has quite a few people of more experience ahead of him. I want to see him tear up the D-league this year then really help contribute with us next year after we lose some of our PFs (hopefully).

The fanbase for this kid will multiply rapidly by mid season.

Likely he won't get much playing time unless one or two guys are injured. Next season mickey will be a regular in the rotation.  Danny picked a gem

Mickey has the rare combination of athleticism , explosiveness and iq.  Plus a good motor.

We got a steal

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like his ......very serious ....no fooling around attitude .

He brings Crowder like  tuffness , won't be pushed around like KO or intimidated by other bigs.  He got a little KG attitude going on.

I predict the first time Mickey and Whiteside meet .....BOTH get kicked out of the game

I think he has a decent offensive potential. He handles the ball good .....soft hands or non Bass like bobbling tendencies

His ability to be automatic from 15-17 ft and ability to blow by guys /quick spins around the post will be tough to stop. Like someone said, he doesn't force the issue and knows what he is doing out there.    Bonus: is an awesome multi defender

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Agreed with everything said.... Can't wait til next year, or maybe just til late February?

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
When I met Scal briefly, he seemed big on Mickey.  He specifically called him out when talking about the new additions.   Mickey might have a future in this league.  I don't expect to see it this year unless a trade clears out the roster.  He should spend most of his time in the d-league.  Way too many bigs above him on the depth chart right now and we're not going to feed big minutes to a rookie like Mickey at the detriment of the trade value of guys like Sully/Lee/Oly/Amir/Jonas/Zeller.    Even if the team decides "this mickey is legit!", you'll see the other guys get showcased for a while so we can clear out a spot for Mickey.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 04:09:50 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
If the guy was a couple inches taller he would've been in the top 10 of the draft, and maybe even at the very top.

He's got the ability to be pretty darn good.  Really, all 3 of Ainge's picks have a shot at being good.  Hunter and Rozier are no joke as well.

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 05:44:46 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
At his size are they going to try to make Mickey a 3?  Scoring from the 3 position, a la Paul Pierce, is a place where the C's need to improve.  I love Crowder but we need more offense from that position.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Mickey out-athleticismed a bunch of foreigners too lacking in athleticism to make it in the NBA and a handful of Americans too lacking in skill or size to make it in the NBA.

Not exactly a fitting test of whether he's going to make an impact this year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
For everything I saw so far in Summer League and one pre-season game, I think Danny got the best draft in years!
Really like Mickey, RJ and Rozier.

PS: On the other hand, it's safe to say we blew that Brooklyn pick with Young...

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Is Mickey a poor man's Serge Ibaka (smaller, with less range and paint presence) or a rich man's Brandon Bass (with better hands and ball skills)?

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 06:56:18 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
When I met Scal briefly, he seemed big on Mickey.  He specifically called him out when talking about the new additions.   Mickey might have a future in this league.  I don't expect to see it this year unless a trade clears out the roster.  He should spend most of his time in the d-league.  Way too many bigs above him on the depth chart right now and we're not going to feed big minutes to a rookie like Mickey at the detriment of the trade value of guys like Sully/Lee/Oly/Amir/Jonas/Zeller.    Even if the team decides "this mickey is legit!", you'll see the other guys get showcased for a while so we can clear out a spot for Mickey.

Very cool that Scal specifically mentioned Mickey. I definitely agree though: Mickey has a lot of potential, but I wouldn't expect to see him play all that much for at least a year or two (which is why it's great that he's locked up for 4 years).
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 07:29:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I got to believe the FO thinks he ll develop sooner than latter as they didn't seem to want him to get away . 

Healthy as a bull and high motor . .....seems dedicated to making a nice career.

Good gamble ......same with Rozier and RJ