Author Topic: First or second team?  (Read 556 times)

First or second team?
« on: October 07, 2015, 07:34:48 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
I know Brad Stevens says not to read anything into lineups and he's just trying combinations, yada, yada, yada. But that's what we're here to do, so ...

In both the Milano game and the scrimmage last week, Jared Sullinger was outside the 10-man rotation. Yesterday featured a Bradley, Smart, Zeller, Lee, Crowder starting lineup, with a No. 2 squad that looked like, roughly, Olynyk, Amir, IT, Jerebko and Hunter, and those units (with Turner missing, and hopefully on his way out -- just doesn't have a role on this team) were similar to the Green and White teams from the scrimmage.

So, who wins a game between those two quintets? I'm saying the IT bench squad, about 75 percent of the time. The starters will play much tougher defenses, but will go through stretches of "who's going to score?" The bench crew has much more firepower, with shooters at every spot.

What mixture of five will be in at the end of close games?

Re: First or second team?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:47 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
In a close game with 2 minutes to go, I want my best defenders out there, with a sprinkling of IT.  I remember CBS subbing IT in and out from offensive to defensive possessions as the stoppage of the time clock allowed.  Of course matchups, injuries, foul trouble, who's got the hot hand all factor into it.