Author Topic: Could depth creat 2003 Grizzles reg season success?  (Read 476 times)

Could depth creat 2003 Grizzles reg season success?
« on: October 07, 2015, 07:28:37 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I just wanted to point out that in 2003 Hubie Brown Coached the Grizz using a very deep rotation that saw only a 23 yr old Pau Gasol play more then 30mpg. This team won 50 games but ultimately flopped in the playoffs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2004.html

I could see this team implementing a similar rotation and as others have pointed out use this to wear down teams starting 5s and dominate 2nd units.

I don't think this is a viable long term plan as it will likely get exposed in the playoffs where stars playing heavy minutes are needed to win. However it could be a great stepping stone that keeps this team winning while developing a winning atmosphere and our youth.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Could depth creat 2003 Grizzles reg season success?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Can we point out that Pau Gasol, Shane Battier, Jason Williams, and Mike Miller may be the best 4 white dudes on one team in the new millennium?

I kind of see the comparison, but this team won 50 games in the West because they were a heck of a lot more talented than the C's.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:36:28 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Oh, so now it's a race thing?

Black people can't play basketball?

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Can we point out that Pau Gasol, Shane Battier, Jason Williams, and Mike Miller may be the best 4 white dudes on one team in the new millennium?

I kind of see the comparison, but this team won 50 games in the West because they were a heck of a lot more talented than the C's.

Well if by "White" you are referring to lightskin (Gasol is Spanish). I'd say Bibby, Christie, Peja,  and Divac might give them a run for their money!!! But I deff got ya point!!! hahah

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 09:42:23 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Well considering Mike Bibby is mixed-race, I'd say we'd have to refer to white as 'light skin'.  :D

This is probably revealing some awful North American centricity about me but I tend to think of Euro continent Slavs/Spaniards/etc. as fairly white across the board (with the obvious exception of guys like Dennis Schroeder) in basketball terms.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.