Author Topic: League Pass question  (Read 5011 times)

League Pass question
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Feel free to move this to another place, but has anyone split up the charge for league pass with friends?

I was thinking of splitting the cost with 4-5 friends and us all logging in on separate computers/tablets and I would have it on my tv.

Has anyone tried this? I know its technically lying but I would love to do this just scared you have a limit of devices?

Re: League Pass question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Feel free to move this to another place, but has anyone split up the charge for league pass with friends?

I was thinking of splitting the cost with 4-5 friends and us all logging in on separate computers/tablets and I would have it on my tv.

Has anyone tried this? I know its technically lying but I would love to do this just scared you have a limit of devices?

Never have tried it or looked into it, but I assume you can only have one device active at a time. Once another user logs in, you're logged out.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 03:16:12 AM »

Offline Otsje P

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I've got the international version. Sometimes I'm watching on my phone. Mostly i watch on my computer. I've watched on my own laptop. I've watched on the tablet and the laptop of my parents. I've watched on the computer of multiple friends.

So what I'm trying to say is, that you can log in at any place, any time. Just not all at the same time, as aingeforthree already mentioned.

You can log in, one at a time.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 04:07:32 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
if u take the international version buy it via a proxy server.

Saved me over a hundred euros.

Dont know if this works with the US version.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:50:22 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I have done this every year going back to the first year they offered streaming games.  It works really well.  But I believe they have instituted a limit on the total number of devices you can authorize on one account, similar to NetFlix.  I don't know the limit though, because I've never split it more than 3 ways.  And with 3 people we were always within compliance.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 03:03:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Anyone going to do the single team pass this year? I'm still debating on it.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I signed up for the single team pass. Didn't allow me to watch the Milano game though, apparently because it was on NBATV, a national broadcast. Though it did show up in the archives a few hours later.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Anyone going to do the single team pass this year? I'm still debating on it.

I thought about it but, when I did the math, I figured the whole thing makes sense for the extra $80 or so (on RCN).  You factor in Celtics game that'll be on NBATV/ESPN/TNT, and that removes a handful on Celtics games you would need to access on single team.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 03:17:12 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I too am debating the single team pass for the Cs.

My main concern is the quality of the stream via Roku. Last year's trial periods did not inspire confidence in the stream at all. Dropped or reset for no reason, other times choppy or poor image quality.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I know some folks said the internet stuff was laggy for them.   I had no problems with my 50 mb internet though.   I also liked I could select the home broadcasts each time so I could hear Tommy and the one and only Mike Gorman.

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 11:40:19 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23

I know some folks said the internet stuff was laggy for them.   I had no problems with my 50 mb internet though.   I also liked I could select the home broadcasts each time so I could hear Tommy and the one and only Mike Gorman.
Thanks for everyone's answers, I also love the fact that you can choose to listen to Mike and Tommy. I get giddy every time Tommy yells at a ref or they mention an opposing broadcaster complaining he's too loud.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 06:56:42 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29

My main concern is the quality of the stream via Roku. Last year's trial periods did not inspire confidence in the stream at all. Dropped or reset for no reason, other times choppy or poor image quality.

Well, at the moment, my Roku says I'm not authorized to view the Celtics game (though I am logged in), while I can get it to play on the computer and my tablet. No response from NBA.com support yet.

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I had no issues when streaming summer league through league pass... is it the same streaming service for the regular season?

also, do they offer sales on League Pass for individual teams over the season? I wanna get the 119$ single team (I'm out of the C's market), but if that's just going to go on sale in a week or two to 99$, I'll hold off.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »

Offline celticpride17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Its always cheaper to sign up EARLY! before the season starts, because the price goes up after  the season starts!. BTW i just read a newspaper article that says  that games televised on ABC,ESPN,TNT,or NBA TV  wont be ''live'' but WILL BE AVAILBLE 3 HOURS AFTER THEY END!  As i just signed up for team pass to just watch celtics games. I noticed the nba,com site will also let you upgrade to nba league pass if you change your mind .

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Well, at the moment, my Roku says I'm not authorized to view the Celtics game (though I am logged in), while I can get it to play on the computer and my tablet. No response from NBA.com support yet.

Yeah, it's stuff like this that just makes me really wary. I know that there are ways around it using a laptop, but that's not really the point.

Let me know how your experience plays out. Here's a TP in the meantime.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague