Author Topic: Don't expect to learn much this Preseason  (Read 5494 times)

Re: Don't expect to learn much this Preseason
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I learned one thing for sure

Lee is NOT done yet .
Yeah I figured he was the best player on this team... so far it seems like he is.

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 03:24:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Can you imagine what Larbrd would have been posting if we lost this "meaningless" game?

Do teams not get credit for beating the teams they are suppose to beat, and not playing down to the level of their competition?

Do you HONESTLY believe Brad Stevens and the rest of the Front Office / Coaching staff will learn NOTHING from these games?

What a joke of a thread.
Had we lost that game, it would be a major cause for concern.   Pre-season favors bottom-loaded teams like Boston.   Our roster from 6-15 is better than most of the teams in the league... and usually it's the backups who get most of the burn in Pre-season.  We theoretically should have an advantage every night even when playing top teams.   LeBron can sweep us by himself, but if he's playing 20 minutes I definitely take Boston's bench over the Cavs bench.

My point with this thread is that we're going to be waiting another month until we see Boston challenged.   It's not to suggest this team is garbage.  I expect us to hover around .500 this year.   I'm just anxious to see what this team looks like and we're not going to see it for a while.

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I agree, LarBird.  However,  a team that  competes is more fun than a team that doesn't (can't/wont) and I think this team will be fun to watch.  I still think chemistry is already helping...maybe that is due to the new vets understanding of team competition?   Younger players are often still trying to prove that they belong (via individual stats) rather than by team play.  I do not feel that this team, win or lose, will quit until the game is over.  And BS won't let them, anyway.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I knew who wrote this thread before I clicked on it. Do I get a TP?
Sure, since I knew too.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Fenerbahce is an excellent team.  Much more on par with Real Madrid who Boston is playing today.  Should be a much better test than Milano was.

That game is tomorrow (thursday)
Yeah my bad.  I was just commenting about the people that said the Nets lost to a scrub team while Boston blew their scrub team out.  Fenerbahce was a top 4 team in Europe last year (and that was before it added some NBA guys in the off season).  Milano is not (lost in round of 16 this past season).  Madrid won the Euroleague last year, so it is the cream of the crop in Europe and should provide a much better test and gauge for the Celtics.

I assume this is somewhat in reference to my post. I was poking fun at LarBrd calling Milano's players 'amateurs' in the game thread. I recognize that Fenerbahce is a powerhouse made up of NBA-quality players and was not trying to be reductive. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Lee is NOT done yet .
Yeah I figured he was the best player on this team... so far it seems like he is.

I suspected he was too.....going in.   

What amazes me ....is the Warriors taking a total  dudd like Wallace in on trade. ...yea I know the money .....still .... If you re going to,pay a huge salary , might as well be someone who can actually still play ...LOL

It like we had this broken down  highly paid YUGO on our bench ......and Danny says ......I have a beautiful YUGO ....hey ?.....I'll trade it for that nice running Ferrari you have on your bench .....LOL

Maybe .....Warriors wanted Lee out of the Western conference , not wanting to bolster any WC teams ....send him out to Boston to make life hard on LeBron ....

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 07:29:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Lee is NOT done yet .

What amazes me ....is the Warriors taking a total  dudd like Wallace in on trade. ...yea I know the money .....still .... If you re going to,pay a huge salary , might as well be someone who can actually still play ...LOL

It like we had this broken down  highly paid YUGO on our bench ......and Danny says ......I have a beautiful YUGO ....hey ?.....I'll trade it for that nice running Ferrari you have on your bench .....LOL

Maybe .....Warriors wanted Lee out of the Western conference , not wanting to bolster any WC teams ....send him out to Boston to make life hard on LeBron ....
Lee doesn't get enough credit for his willingness to take a back seat last year.  Truthfully, he was arguably the 2nd best player on that team, but they were off to a historic start and they didn't want to mess with what was working.  He's a heck of a teammate.   They sent him out of Golden State as a sign of respect for him.  He deserved to be somewhere that would play him.

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 09:42:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lee doesn't get enough credit for his willingness to take a back seat last year.  Truthfully, he was arguably the 2nd best player on that team, but they were off to a historic start and they didn't want to mess with what was working.  He's a heck of a teammate.   They sent him out of Golden State as a sign of respect for him.  He deserved to be somewhere that would play him

Agree. TP.

He has also been a rock solid team mate and leader here thus far.

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 09:52:53 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

What a joke of a thread.

Don't expect to learn much from this thread.

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Lee is NOT done yet .

Lee doesn't get enough credit for his willingness to take a back seat last year.  Truthfully, he was arguably the 2nd best player on that team, but they were off to a historic start and they didn't want to mess with what was working.  He's a heck of a teammate.   They sent him out of Golden State as a sign of respect for him.  He deserved to be somewhere that would play him.

It really was a win-win-win for everyone involved outside of Gerald Wallace.
Boston - got a talented vet to actually contribute to the team for nothing
Lee - gets a chance to showcase himself for one last big contract
GS - saved quite a bit of money

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2015, 10:03:15 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

What a joke of a thread.

Don't expect to learn much from this thread.

Except that losing in 6 games equals sweep