Author Topic: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out for the year  (Read 3468 times)

Re: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out for the year
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
MKG is very young and clearly promising but you have to worry about a guy who is that limited offensively.  He's neither a shooter nor a scorer and has averaged a little over one assist and one turnover a game, which indicates he either rarely passes or rarely handles the ball for more than a few dribbles.

Mike

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 10:19:30 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Because I'm sure people here can't help themselves, MKG can't be traded until February 25th (6 months after his extension was signed).  In other words, after the trade deadline has passed.  So time to move on from that.

(However, if you're looking for a place to send Evan Turner, a spot in the rotation has just opened up.)

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 11:50:10 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Because I'm sure people here can't help themselves, MKG can't be traded until February 25th (6 months after his extension was signed).  In other words, after the trade deadline has passed.  So time to move on from that.

(However, if you're looking for a place to send Evan Turner, a spot in the rotation has just opened up.)

So we can't trade for him this season -- but his stock is hardly going to improve in the interim (although it would mean that Charlotte has no increased motivation to move him in the offseason, since he'll be coming back for '16-'17, if that's where you're going with this train of thought?)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Looks like at least for now they are going with Batum at SF and Lamb at SG. I don't see Evan Turner being and improvement over either of those two for them.

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

So we can't trade for him this season -- but his stock is hardly going to improve in the interim (although it would mean that Charlotte has no increased motivation to move him in the offseason, since he'll be coming back for '16-'17, if that's where you're going with this train of thought?)

Correct.  Hornets would have no reason to move him just as the extension they were excited to sign him to kicks in.

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
This is too bad, could certainly see them being worse than Brooklyn now.

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 04:01:21 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I mean that also assumes that the Hornets make the logical decision and Jordan's whimsy doesn't derail anything.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sooooo.... Trade them Turner? Too soon?

That was my immediate thought. As a twofer, they could also use a PF and just had the positive experience of AlJeff successfully losing weight. But I don't know that they'd give back in return a piece we'd want.

They could use another PF? Have you seen their rotation? Williams, Zeller, Kaminsky, Jefferson, Hawes, Maxiell.

I take that as more center-heavy than PF rich.

It's the other way around, actually. Maxiell, Zeller, and Williams are PFs, as is Kaminsky. Regardless, the point is that they always have five rotation bigs and one deep reserve -- what use would they have with another big? Pretty much all of those guys, save for Williams, can slide between the 4 and the 5.