Author Topic: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out for the year  (Read 3472 times)

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out for the year
« on: October 05, 2015, 03:16:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Surgery on his shoulder injured in a preseason game.  Out six months, so effectively for the season.  This is why some players sign extensions.  Real tough break for

Woj: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--hornets--michael-kidd-gilchrist-to-undergo-season-ending-shoulder-surgery-185947959.html

Re: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out for the year
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:19:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So can we trade Jordan some functional players and take a chance on his successful rehab?

Should we?

Did that concussion really totally bomb his NBA career?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 03:38:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Very unfortunate news. If concern for his own health was a major motivating factor for signing an extension so early, kudos to MKG and his agent for the self-awareness.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm happy that he signed an extension. I thought he left value on the table but with this injury it turns out he made a great deal.

I thought Charlotte with MKG would be a contender to make the playoffs, without him they are much worse (he's similar to Smart in that his standard stats aren't great but his team performs much better with him on the court). Anytime someone competing with the C's for a playoff spot gets worse it is good for us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Sooooo.... Trade them Turner? Too soon?

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bummer.  I was hoping he'd take another step forward this season.  Still believe in his ability.  He's only 22 and few players in the game have his combination of size, athleticism, and defensive ability.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

That was my immediate thought. As a twofer, they could also use a PF and just had the positive experience of AlJeff successfully losing weight. But I don't know that they'd give back in return a piece we'd want.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 04:15:36 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think CHA would reap a whirlwind of negative press if they ended up trading MKG so soon after he signed what many thought was a hometown discount extension.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Man.  I really like MKG.  Too bad for him.

Charlotte passed on a grandfather offer from Boston that would have (apparently) included an unprotected Brooklyn 1st, #16, #28 + other picks to move up to #10

Charlotte then drafted Frank Kaminsky over the seemingly obvious Justise Winslow pick... who would have fit in nicely there considering MKG is out.   

Charlotte let Biyombo walk, because they had Kaminsky.  They also gave away one of their best prospects in Noah Vonley, because they had Kaminsky.

Long story short, Charlotte is one of the two worst-run teams in the NBA.   Just horrible.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
smh, lets hope for a healthy pre season game guys....I know injuries are bound to happen but it sucks when it happens during pre season.

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 04:59:35 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
So can we trade Jordan some functional players and take a chance on his successful rehab?

Should we?

Yeah.....I think it might be worth trading for .  Nice upside.

He shows excellent court IQ and nice skills. .....but the health bug follows him.

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 05:07:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Should we?

Yeah.....I think it might be worth trading for .  Nice upside.

He shows excellent court IQ and nice skills. .....but the health bug follows him.
For those that don't know, MKG was one of the most dominant defensive players in the league last year.  The team was dramatically better with him on the court.  Having followed that team a little, it was clear that their fans felt MKG was the most important player on that team heading forward.   Yeah, I'd definitely still try to trade for him. 

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 05:52:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Kills Charlotte's playoffs hopes. I could see them getting a pick in the mid lottery 5-10 range.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 05:38:50 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

That was my immediate thought. As a twofer, they could also use a PF and just had the positive experience of AlJeff successfully losing weight. But I don't know that they'd give back in return a piece we'd want.

They could use another PF? Have you seen their rotation? Williams, Zeller, Kaminsky, Jefferson, Hawes, Maxiell.

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 07:27:29 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

They could use another PF? Have you seen their rotation? Williams, Zeller, Kaminsky, Jefferson, Hawes, Maxiell.

I take that as more center-heavy than PF rich.