Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Olimpia Milano (0-0) 10/6/15 Preasason Game 1  (Read 37757 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Olimpia Milano (0-0) 10/6/15 Preasason Game 1
« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2015, 07:14:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Mickey will replace Sully eventually
When you say "eventually", you mean "by the start of regular season"? :P

2017 Sully will be a footnote in Celtic history.

« Reply #301 on: October 07, 2015, 08:14:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Did Smart get any dribble drives/penetration going?
His stats look good.

How was Rozier?

He had one drive where your boy, Sully was posting up and he used that as a pick to hold off the rim protection.  It was a high basketball IQ read.

Rozier was good in the time he played with the fact that he is a rookie.   RJ and Mickey look solid too.  Rozier was fast.  Mickey has a laser fast spin move.  All three played well and within themselves.   Hunter got to play a lot with Turner being out.

« Reply #302 on: October 07, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm absolutely reading too much into this game, but I think it is significant that Sully was the last big (except for Mickey) off the bench. Not only did he come in late but he played with all the end of bench guys at the en

Careful some will denounce his production because he played against the second team of Milan.  You out there, Chambers?  I expected this to the case.   

I thought he played good, and played with efficiency on the offensive end.   I could have lived without the three point attempt.   I have always though he played best when he plays down low which he did today for the most part.   That being said, the other team played well when he was in there too.   They scored a lot especially when Lee and Sully was in there together.  Clearly missed a few rotations, my favorite play where was he tapped it to Smart showing great basketball anticipation and got him a Layup.  When he came out our leads grew.  When he was in there the other team penetrated a lot, which is what you do if your playing against a guy who lacks mobility.   Still can rebound with the best of them, in spurts.

He still looks like he has a longs ways to go in terms of being in shape.    I thought using him like we did conserved his energy.

I really hope that our starting lineup isn't Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Lee and Zeller.

Why it is arguable that our second unit will tear up most other teams.   We don't have the stars but we have depth and you can't rest against our bench.

All of Sully's shots have been short. What does that mean?

Usually means a guy is tired or not conditioned.   But he shot well today 7 for 10.   One of those was a elbow jumper, one was a three and I can't recall the other.   Most of his work was inside.
yeah, this game was not one to use as a basis for bashing Sully.  he did fine out there.  pretty the whole team looked decent.

have to admit, I still can't get on the IT bandwagon.  He can shoot but he is not a PG that can run an offense.  I'm probably in the vast minority on that opinion.