Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Olimpia Milano (0-0) 10/6/15 Preasason Game 1  (Read 37964 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Olimpia Milano (0-0) 10/6/15 Preasason Game 1
« Reply #285 on: October 06, 2015, 05:11:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Mickey will replace Sully eventually
When you say "eventually", you mean "by the start of regular season"? :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #286 on: October 06, 2015, 05:12:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Marcus Smart:

11 Points (4-5 FG 1-1 from 3), 6 Assists, 0 Turnovers, 2 Steals and 1 Rebound in ~22:00

18 Points 10 Assists (Per 36)

I like it. I'll take it.

ET, it was fun while it lasted.

I definitely liked how the team looked with Smart, Lee, and Zeller out there.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #287 on: October 06, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Mickey will replace Sully eventually
When you say "eventually", you mean "by the start of regular season"? :P

TP
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2015, 05:31:23 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
anyone got a good website for someone to watch the game I live overseas
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I wanted to watch the game and enjoy talking about here w/o undue negativity but come on people, you're taking things too far when you think this game shows anything meaningful about rotations and who will/won't play.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #290 on: October 06, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP. Avanti Celti!

« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2015, 06:32:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I wanted to watch the game and enjoy talking about here w/o undue negativity but come on people, you're taking things too far when you think this game shows anything meaningful about rotations and who will/won't play.
You confuse good-natured ribbing for negativity ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Anyone else notice the Uniforms of Milano are copied from the Knights Templar Unis---or have I just been watching too much History Channel---?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #293 on: October 06, 2015, 09:56:02 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Forgot about the ridiculous amount of power forwards on this team until I had a look at this game.

Lee
Olynyk
Jerebko
Sullinger
Mickey

:o

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #294 on: October 06, 2015, 10:02:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Forgot about the ridiculous amount of power forwards on this team until I had a look at this game.

Lee
Olynyk
Jerebko
Sullinger
Mickey

:o

amir...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #295 on: October 06, 2015, 11:29:25 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Good to see them executing, but it's kind of a bummer we have to waste a pre-season game playing against amateurs.

Wow

Way to disrespect one of the best professional teams in European basketball.

Any NBA team would be blowing these guys out.  There's nothing really to be learned from this.  Looking forward to our first real preseason game.

Mmm...Istanbul Fenerbahce just beat the Brooklyn Nets but a couple of days ago.

Is that team really THAT much better than this one?   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:47:07 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #296 on: October 06, 2015, 11:44:51 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Did Smart get any dribble drives/penetration going?
His stats look good.

How was Rozier?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2015, 12:07:47 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Yeah you're probably correct there, but consider: most of the Celtics would make a pretty excellent second unit, and we're stomping Milano accordingly.

A fair call, to be honest I think that's our greatest strength.

I look at a team like the 76ers and I would say they are at most 4 deep - you have Noel, Okafor, Wroten and (MAYBE) Landry.  Those are really the only guys on the roster who you could consider to be 'borderline starter' quality or better.

You look at the Brooklyn Nets, then by that definition they are about 4 deep - Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, Theddeus Young, Jarrett Jack.  Even if you put Bargnani and Bogdanovic on that list (I wouldn't, personally) that's still only 6 deep.

Look at the Knicks and a simlar deal - Melo, Lopez, Afflalo and at a stretch Calderon (4 deep).

When teams like that sit their top 4 guys, you basically have D-League level of talent coming in to replace them.  The drop off is huge.   

You look at the Celtics based on that same definition and our roster is about 12 deep.    We can sub out all 5 of our starters, and not regress one iota.  In fact we may even get better, as we did today when Isaiah and Amir came in.  At the Poewr Forward spot we can go three deep and we'd still be bringing in a guy who could start for many teams (Sully, Johnson or Lee). 

Even if a team like Brooklyn can go toe-to-toe with us while their starters are out there, how on earth can they possible keep up once the bench comes in?  The level of talent isn't nearly comparable.  Same with the Knicks and the 76ers.  Hell, it's probably even true for some of the playoff teams out there. 

Our depth gives us the unique ability to have fresh legs on the court for 48 minutes without any drop off in production.  I think that brings us a far bigger advantage than most people realise. 

I feel like that's actually a big reason why we were so dominant today, to be honest.  They were sticking without starters for the first few minutes - when the second units came in we crushed them.

I predict we'll be seeing much of the same in the regular season, especially as we get in to the second half of the season when other teams are nursing injuries and fatigue - we should still be as fresh then as we are in the first game of the season. 

Huge advantage.

« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2015, 01:45:19 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Did Smart get any dribble drives/penetration going?
His stats look good.

How was Rozier?

he had one drive to the basket, he passed the ball well but wasn't really looking too attack, he didn't have a turn over. 9/10 for smart

Rozier was good he played with confident..I noticed as soon as he came in the game, the european point guard tried to apply pressure on him and fouled him a couple of times. he got more scoring in the second half. I think 9 points. 

« Reply #299 on: October 07, 2015, 07:10:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We frailed them .   Too many better players for Celtics.  Too many fresh legs coming at them . 

Milano was was overrun .

They had ONE great guard , who played well for like 8 minutes stretches .   But , he got worn down by the multiple young high energy guards of Celtics. Once he was out of the game ......the Mllano team just died on the vine.

Most Teams will have to play their stars or best players 75 -90 % of the game to win against the flood of young energetic Celtics pouring on the floor.

Guys over 30 are going to dread seeing the Celtics.