Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Olimpia Milano (0-0) 10/6/15 Preasason Game 1  (Read 37808 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Olimpia Milano (0-0) 10/6/15 Preasason Game 1
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Turned it on for a minute... talent gap is ridiculous between these two teams so I turned it off.   I'll check out the team when we start playing against NBA talent.
Its almost like watching us play the sixers or the Nets
It's like watching us play a Summer League squad.  I bet RJ hunter could drop 12 points against these guys.

who caresssss? let us enjoy ourselves! if you don't care, why do you need to come in and say it?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2015, 04:12:04 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Turned it on for a minute... talent gap is ridiculous between these two teams so I turned it off.   I'll check out the team when we start playing against NBA talent.
It's like watching us play a Summer League squad.  I bet RJ hunter could drop 12 points against these guys.

who caresssss? let us enjoy ourselves! if you don't care, why do you need to come in and say it?

Because some people were being positive about our players, and clearly we can't have that.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I was going to say how much better are the Sixers than this team honestly?

Much better.

Which is not a knock on our opponents, just an acknowledgement of the fact that the NBA is so much better than the rest of the world in terms of professional basketball.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2015, 04:12:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

To aggrivate and troll

« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Nets are a 50 win team, brah.  ;)

« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Good to see them executing, but it's kind of a bummer we have to waste a pre-season game playing against amateurs.   

« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2015, 04:13:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
See that's bogus -- these guys are professional basketball players. Just not NBA players. They're still better than 98% of the world's population at the game.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Good to see them executing, but it's kind of a bummer we have to waste a pre-season game playing against amateurs.

It's preseason and warm up ...what is it that you can 't understand about that?

« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

The Nets lost to these 'amateurs.'
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I wanna see Mickey...
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Amir !

« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
See that's bogus -- these guys are professional basketball players. Just not NBA players. They're still better than 98% of the world's population at the game.
There's a major talent gap here.  I'm just anxious to see how our lineups hold up against real NBA teams.   I'm at work so I can't really watch the game anyways... but I turned it on for 3 minutes and felt like I was watching a highlight video.  Not a lot of substance to it.  Any NBA team would be blowing these guys out.  There's nothing really to be learned from this.  Looking forward to our first real preseason game.

« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

I was going to say how much better are the Sixers than this team honestly?

Much better.

Which is not a knock on our opponents, just an acknowledgement of the fact that the NBA is so much better than the rest of the world in terms of professional basketball.

Oh I know they're better but by how much? Majority of the Sixers roster the last couple of years has been bottom of the barrel NBA players. This squad would give them a fight. My point is I don't view this type of game against this competition as completely useless in terms of predicting what our players can do against NBA talent.

« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2015, 04:22:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Sullinger looks twice as big/wide as the next  biggest player out there...

« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2015, 04:22:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Well fwiw, we beat this team 105-75 back in 2012 in a game that featured Rondo, KG, Pierce and Jeff Green... so it's good to see we're playing on a par with that.  That 2012 team started the season 14-17 and eventually pushed it to 41 wins after Rondo got injured.  I'll take this as a small sign we might finish over .500 this season.