Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 572688 times)

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Maybe a miracle will happen and the Suns will beat the Nets.

It can happen. It can.

Maybe the Nets will stay at a Hilton in Phoenix and Lopez will get the room with the bed bugs like Irving just did

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14834924/cavaliers-kyrie-irving-gets-apology-being-bitten-bed-bugs

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Tomorrow's game in Phoenix is the Game of the Year....It should be on TNT, ABC, ESPN and NBATV---Could determine our fate for the next decade.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I wish that tankathon listed the current odds for getting a top 5 pick.

Brooklyn's currently in #4, so their odds of a top 5 pick would be 82.8%.  If they drop to #5 it'd be 55.2%.  It gets wonky if there are ties, though, it'd be nice for tankathon to help with that.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Brooklyn's currently in #4, so their odds of a top 5 pick would be 82.8%.  If they drop to #5 it'd be 55.2%.  It gets wonky if there are ties, though, it'd be nice for tankathon to help with that.

I might pin somewhere on here for reference.  Is that alright?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm OK with a 83% chance at a top 5 pick.  Really hope BRK stays where they are (or drop back down to 3, that'd be nice, but I'm not counting on it).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I might pin somewhere on here for reference.  Is that alright?

Of course, it's not mine, I just lifted it from a GIS.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
I'm OK with a 83% chance at a top 5 pick.  Really hope BRK stays where they are (or drop back down to 3, that'd be nice, but I'm not counting on it).

Agreed.  It's impractical to ask for anything better than that with another team's pick.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Wow, we have such a low probability of getting the 4th seed, guess it makes sense. 0.378 chance to get a top 3 pick and 0.351 to get number 5. So we'll have about the same chance of being lucky as being where we will most likely be. And then of course a smaller chance of being totally screwed

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Suns are horrible now..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
And the Nets have officially waived their third best player. Fantastic news!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I think the question becomes - does JJ make the Nets worse when he's not in the game?

I'm leaning towards yes for sure. :)

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I think the question becomes - does JJ make the Nets worse when he's not in the game?

Yup he does. Their offense is -2.9 net rating when he's in the game with Lopez, but when he comes out and its just Lopez? -14.9 net offensive rating. Johnson's absence hurts the Nets. A LOT.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Yup he does. Their offense is -2.9 net rating when he's in the game with Lopez, but when he comes out and its just Lopez? -14.9 net offensive rating. Johnson's absence hurts the Nets. A LOT.

Wow how do I look up Eric Bledsoe's impact on the Suns?  We might be back in this thing!!!

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Wow how do I look up Eric Bledsoe's impact on the Suns?  We might be back in this thing!!!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bledser01/on-off/2016/

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsjo02/on-off/2016/

It looks like Joe has a bigger impact on the Nets than Bledsoe on the Suns. Obviously, that's an oversimplification, but this is awesome news.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bledser01/on-off/2016/

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsjo02/on-off/2016/

It looks like Joe has a bigger impact on the Nets than Bledsoe on the Suns. Obviously, that's an oversimplification, but this is awesome news.

Huge news!  TP for the links