Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 568626 times)

Re: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (13-39, 3rd slot as of 2/6)
« Reply #3135 on: February 08, 2016, 11:09:12 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Guys I called this last week. Nets got some easy games. Denver was suppose to win this. Now the Nets can actually get some momentum going.

Not good.
Nah, no need to overreact. They just lost to Philly and blew a 16 point lead against Denver. They're still bad. Brooklyn have been unable to win 2 in a row a long time. In other words, I'm not worried about them winning 3 of their next 7 or something.

I am worried about Phoenix being complete trash however.
I guess if you suck at knowing things you might call it an over reaction.

Look at some of the games in the next 14 games.

2 against Sixers
Suns
Lakers
Wolves
Nuggets
Bucks

And mediocre teams

Charlotte
Knicks
Portland
Jazz

The Nets lost to most of those teams.
Yes they could of course lose them all but it's silly to think the Nets couldn't come out of this lineup of teams with 4-6 wins.

I don't think they'll win 6 of them, and 4 is unlikely. They blew a sixteen point lead over the Nuggets and I believe they'll be on the road for a lot of the teams you listed.

Six would be tough, but four is certainly doable. They've already beaten Phoenix, the 76ers and now Denver. They also beat a Melo-less Knicks. And every one of the rest of those games is winnable. No, of course they're not going to win them all, but they'll pull off a couple. I could easily see them winning four or five of the above.

The plus side is that this is the soft underbelly of their schedule. All three of the teams that they beat in the above example were home wins. They're on the road against Denver, Phoenix and 1 of the 2 against the Sixers. Starting mid-March, they spend a lot more time on the road and their schedule is tougher. If we make it through that second Philly game still in fourth place, we're in good shape.

Mike

Re: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (13-39, 3rd slot as of 2/6)
« Reply #3136 on: February 08, 2016, 11:09:59 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
For anyone now watching the Suns/OKC game, do you remember about five minutes ago when they were up by 4? They are now down by double-digits. Time to turn this one off.

It pains me to relinquish the three spot to the Suns, but hard to see if ending up any other way.

Still plenty of games left to go.

« Reply #3137 on: February 08, 2016, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
What are the chances we end up with Kris Dunn coming out of this draft? He's not as undersized as DA likes his guards, but he'll do.

Mike

I think he just goes with Brown at 4, but he might try heavily to move up to get Bender.

I actually like Brown and don't care too much for Bender. I understand that puts me in a distinct minority and that my scouting skills are about the same as your average keyboard jockey, but I would be okay with Brown.

Mike

« Reply #3138 on: February 08, 2016, 11:15:05 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
4th worst record has a 38 percent chance to be a top 3 pick.

5th worst record has a 30 percent chance to be a top 3 pick.

« Reply #3139 on: February 09, 2016, 12:42:38 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Bad day for us... i like simmons ingramm and brown.. not dunn and bender

« Reply #3140 on: February 09, 2016, 01:14:38 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I aint even mad, that shot was just lights out insane. Way to go Joe Jesus.

« Reply #3141 on: February 09, 2016, 04:17:16 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Send Suns Sully and Turner for Tucker and a lottery protected 1st. Suns need to stay ahead of Nets lol

« Reply #3142 on: February 09, 2016, 09:31:02 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
In an unprecedented move, the Celtics have agreed to lend Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley and "pretty much anyone they need" to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for a highly protected second round draft pick, according to President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge.

"Look, we know the lottery is totally going to hose us," explained Ainge. "What we're really trying to do is establish as strong a position as we can before we get to the end of the year. We've got a team that's 12 players deep, and it's about ****' time that we put those last few players to use. Since we've pretty much locked up a playoff spot for this year, we're looking to the future, and this is a win-win situation for both teams. It allows us to win a better lottery position and allows Phoenix to win a few more games."

The league office noted that it had received complaints from the Philadelphia 76ers regarding the move, but NBA Commissioner Adam Silver replied to us with an email noting that "Sam Hinkie is the last person who should be complaining about GM moves. He and his D-League roster need to worry less about other teams and more about trying to lose games by less than 30 points. Besides, we've got better things to do. We have to fix that Hack-a-Shaq situation."

Mike

« Reply #3143 on: February 10, 2016, 09:56:57 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm starting to think this pick will be around 6, with how poorly Phoenix is playing (plus bad lottery luck).

If we are picking between Poeltl, Dunn, Brown and Ellenson I won't be happy.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3144 on: February 10, 2016, 10:06:10 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I'm starting to think this pick will be around 6, with how poorly Phoenix is playing (plus bad lottery luck).

Same here.  I'm mentally ready for this to happen but hope to be pleasantly surprised.  I would be much more willing to trade this pick if it ends up there for a package for a star, or a future lottery pick.

« Reply #3145 on: February 10, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30

Same here.  I'm mentally ready for this to happen but hope to be pleasantly surprised. I would be much more willing to trade this pick if it ends up there for a package for a star, or a future lottery pick.

You have to understand that as the pick gets worse for us, it also has less value on the trade market.  So if on lottery night the Nets pick ends up 6th, we can't then say "oh well, lets just trade it for that star that we could have traded for mid-season when the pick looked a lot better", because at that point we will not be able to get the same star-return that we can presumably get with it right now. 

We'll either pick someone who is super disappointing after all this hoopla, or we'll trade it for someone who is super disappointing after all this hoopla.

« Reply #3146 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Same here.  I'm mentally ready for this to happen but hope to be pleasantly surprised.  I would be much more willing to trade this pick if it ends up there for a package for a star, or a future lottery pick.

Even if we stayed at #3 Ingram and Simmons are gone so what;s the real difference between #3 and #6 really? We are not getting ahead of the Lakers and 76ers and even then the #3 worst record has less than a 50% chance of actually becoming a top 3 pick.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3147 on: February 10, 2016, 11:18:02 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
From the get-go I have been saying that we should trade Brooklyn 2016 pick. The Nets started bad, and they still are, but the landscape of the league is changed compared to start, and is still changing by the day. The thing that you have to consider that it is a long season, and teams are changing their directions. Injuries happen and teams are deciding it is not worth it without their best player. Just look at Phoenix and Memphis, where are they going without Bledsoe and Gasol? It's a long season and if something drastic doesn't happen to the Nets (read injury to Lopez), they are finishing above Phi, Lal and Pho for sure and will be in line for that 4-6 spot with Min and Nop. Now I am not saying that is bad (of course it's good to have that possibility to get a top pick while getting in the PO), but if you look at the value of that pick it is sure decreased compared to two weeks ago. The season is long and everything can happen. I'm not saying that we should consider trading that pick for ok player, all I'm saying that I would like that Danny finds a way to land us a stud with that pick. I have read his interview for few days ago and I totally agree with him that value of that pick is very high and in order to trade it would have to be a star (or a star in the making) under 30 yrs old. Any way if we don't trade it before the deadline, I will not be disappointed because this ride with our own Celtics team suggered with following this BKN and DAL picks is one hell of a ride, so thank you Danny! 

« Reply #3148 on: February 10, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Even if we stayed at #3 Ingram and Simmons are gone so what;s the real difference between #3 and #6 really? We are not getting ahead of the Lakers and 76ers and even then the #3 worst record has less than a 50% chance of actually becoming a top 3 pick.
I think Bender is going to end up being a lot better than who we could grab at 6.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3149 on: February 10, 2016, 11:51:38 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

I think Bender is going to end up being a lot better than who we could grab at 6.

Is he? I'll admit that I'm not college scout, but I'm just having a hard time getting a lot of upside with him. He looks good outside but can't seem to do much in the paint.

Thanks,
Mike