Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 568614 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Welp .... maybe Ainge can turn the 3 or 4 picks in the 10-20 range the Celts will have in this next draft into a prospect he really likes.

Didn't work last year, but maybe it will work this time around.  We can't use all those draft picks anyway.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
The Nets are like a good stock. You'll drive yourself crazy following it day-to-day, but if you rest easy knowing it'll all work out in your favor, you'll be fine with the end result when you cash it in.
Trust the process.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
They are only going as far as Lopez and his broke feet will carry them

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Brooklyn has no depth. As we hit our stride the should crumble.

That being said they are a far cry from the philly-LA level
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Isn't that how they made the playoffs for the last 3 years?

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Welp .... maybe Ainge can turn the 3 or 4 picks in the 10-20 range the Celts will have in this next draft into a prospect he really likes.

Didn't work last year, but maybe it will work this time around.  We can't use all those draft picks anyway.

The Nets win two in a row, and their pick is now destined to be "in the 10-20 range"?

Let me remind you, they still have the fourth worst record in the League. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Isn't that how they made the playoffs for the last 3 years?
He had a lot more support in the past

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The Nets win two in a row, and their pick is now destined to be "in the 10-20 range"?

They're also, what, 5-7 in the last few weeks?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

yes. and there don't seem to be a lot of terrible teams this year. there are an incredible number of mediocre teams, but not many terrible ones. that is very good for our nets pick.

the knicks, pistons, magic, pacers, heat, and hornets all look improved. hard to see the nets finishing ahead of any of those clubs, especially when you take lopez's fragility and their lack of depth into account. that places them at second-worst in the conference, after the sixers.

in the west, the nuggets, blazers, and of course lakers all have the potential to be very bad.

the wolves, suns, jazz, kings, and pelicans i think all have enough talent to be better than the nets, and will all be aiming for a late playoff spot.

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
How 'bout we just flip the BKN pick plus David Lee for Boogie and call it an offseason.

I can't see Brooklyn being a bottom 5 if they keep getting consistent.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
dallas is down 9 points to the blazers. lately they are looking more like the sluggish, unathletic team i'd thought they'd be.

hopefully the downward spiral continues.

Re: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (5-13, 4th slot as of 12/1)
« Reply #1196 on: December 01, 2015, 11:50:01 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Without chandler the suns were going to have a tougher time.

Don't worry bout the lakers n Philly.
We iust need them to be the 3rd  worst team.
Something they are still on track to do.

Our main competition is going to be denver and Portland in the west. They're clearly the second worst In the east
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:55:59 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Look out for the Nets!!!

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Look out for the Nets!!!

It's just laughable. 35+ mins for Brook, Thad and Joe Johnson. Another 30 for Jarrett Jack. Someone will go down, others will be traded.

As you pointed out, leaping from the fourth worst record to the 10th-20th worst record truly shows the bias of some to insist that the Nets will not be as bad as they've looked.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Look out for the Nets!!!

It's just laughable. 35+ mins for Brook, Thad and Joe Johnson. Another 30 for Jarrett Jack. Someone will go down, others will be traded.

As you pointed out, leaping from the fourth worst record to the 10th-20th worst record truly shows the bias of some to insist that the Nets will not be as bad as they've looked.
Those are pretty standard minutes for starters.