Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 572342 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Are you kidding me. 

The Nets are averaging zero layups a game, too.  It's all free throws, Lopez cherry picking and long 2s.  There is no way they should win this game

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Are you kidding me. 

The Nets are averaging zero layups a game, too.  It's all free throws, Lopez cherry picking and long 2s.  There is no way they should win this game

I'm done following the Nets game by game... it's not worth it. What happens happens, I still think they're winning 25 max but it's painful to keep a hawk eye on them

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
Alex Len just missed a layup and now the Suns aren't fouling

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
Are you kidding me. 

I'm done following the Nets game by game... it's not worth it. What happens happens, I still think they're winning 25 max but it's painful to keep a hawk eye on them

Ha well there's always next year and the year after that, too

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Are you kidding me. 

nets have underachieved so far this year.  This might be like a couple years ago when they were like 11 games under .500 and made the playoffs.  Keep crossing your fingers that's not the case.

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I wish the Rockets had successfully traded for Markieff Morris so that the entire team exploded in a huge mess of underachieving headcases.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Philly won, Lakers lost, Brooklyn won.

Not a good night when Brooklyn wins or Lakers loses lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Are you kidding me. 

nets have underachieved so far this year.  This might be like a couple years ago when they were like 11 games under .500 and made the playoffs.  Keep crossing your fingers that's not the case.

I don't think they underachieved. The fact is their calendar was bad and is getting better now. Last two games were at home against so so teams, it's the kind of games you know they might win.
They're 4-3 at home, 1-10 away. I still think they'll finish between 3 and 7, most likely at 5.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Are you kidding me. 

I don't think they underachieved. The fact is their calendar was bad and is getting better now. Last two games were at home against so so teams, it's the kind of games you know they might win.
They're 4-3 at home, 1-10 away. I still think they'll finish between 3 and 7, most likely at 5.
Brook Lopez new nickname should be "Dreamkiller".   Still crossing my fingers they finish bottom 5. 

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
My guess is Brooklyn is 3rd last
Only Philly and lakers look worser

Philly because it's Philly
LA - surprising considering they got bass, hibbert, Williams 

Nets at least have solid vet talent in BroLo, joe Johnson, bogdanovic
And a good coach in Lionel hollins

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I don't like seeing the Nets win, and I've lost the hope of #1 lottery odds (barring a Lopez injury), but I'm still pretty confident that they're bottom 5.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Give Brooklyn credit, they've played much better since we beat them down at home.  Two games in a row they completely outplayed their opponent in the 4th quarter and got it done with defense.  Can't lose them all.  They're not Philly (or should I say the Lakers?)

Unfortunately they're playing the Knicks next, who happen to be on a 4 game losing streak. 

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
The Nets are like a good stock. You'll drive yourself crazy following it day-to-day, but if you rest easy knowing it'll all work out in your favor, you'll be fine with the end result when you cash it in.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
My guess is Brooklyn is 3rd last
Only Philly and lakers look worser

Philly because it's Philly
LA - surprising considering they got bass, hibbert, Williams 

Nets at least have solid vet talent in BroLo, joe Johnson, bogdanovic
And a good coach in Lionel hollins

It's still probably too early for normal people to get concerned.  But if you're a weirdo like me who has been worried about Brooklyn all season.. In their last 5 games they beat three .500ish teams (Boston, Suns and Pistons) and lost to two contenders (Cavs and Thunder).  Previously they managed to beat the Hawks and take the Warriors into overtime.  Their recent play is reflective of the 35-40 team I was concerned they might be.    Still... 5-13...  top 10 pick seems likely.

I'll say this... there's a bunch of guys who I could see being moved this year (Khris MIddleton and Tobias Harris, for instance) who can't be traded until December 15th or Jan 17th depending on when they signed offseason contracts.   It's by far in our best interest to see Brooklyn struggle for another month.   If they creep close to .500, we might lose our chance to trade the pick for something tangible.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The Nets are like a good stock. You'll drive yourself crazy following it day-to-day, but if you rest easy knowing it'll all work out in your favor, you'll be fine with the end result when you cash it in.

they look like a 25-win team. but they're just a lopez injury away from being much worse than that. that's the big thing, will his foot hold up? with hollins playing guys to save his job, i think that raises the likelihood of injuries.