Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 572323 times)

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Eh, the Nets had multiple turnovers down the stretch of the game, really costly errors.  The Pistons had tons of opportunities to take control, they just couldn't capitalize.  Reggie Jackson was awful.
I think it's time the Nets get credit. They are taking teams out of what they want to run on offense down the stretch of games. It happens often.

I'll give the Nets credit, they've played well lately.  Well enough to have more than 4 wins currently.  But the Pistons blew that one with a 16 to 28 4th quarter.  Bad shot selection, defensive miscues, and just failing to make plays with opportunities planted on their doorstep.

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Eh, the Nets had multiple turnovers down the stretch of the game, really costly errors.  The Pistons had tons of opportunities to take control, they just couldn't capitalize.  Reggie Jackson was awful.
I think it's time the Nets get credit. They are taking teams out of what they want to run on offense down the stretch of games. It happens often.

I'll give the Nets credit, they've played well lately.  Well enough to have more than 4 wins currently.  But the Pistons blew that one with a 16 to 28 4th quarter.  Bad shot selection, defensive miscues, and just failing to make plays with opportunities planted on their doorstep.
I just saw a bunch of disjointed plays that they ran. Seemed like the Nets just clamped down on them.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
monster game by Lopez... 15 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and 6 blocks.   

Still fearful of a Nets run, but we'll probably still get a quality draft pick out of them this year based on how the East is shaping up. 

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
monster game by Lopez... 15 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and 6 blocks.   

Still fearful of a Nets run, but we'll probably still get a quality draft pick out of them this year based on how the East is shaping up.
His D has been impressive. Small guards get swallowed up in the paint with Lopez's help D.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

That's true about everything the Pistons did wrong, but good teams find a way to take advantage of those and the team that we thought the Nets would be don't. The Nets did.

Mike

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
20-25 wins for the nets if they dont trade lopez... one injury or one trade away to win less than 20.. still a top 5 pick... the issue is that the way we are playing we are a lottery team too...

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I said around their 5th game that they have been playing better, I thought they would have turned it around for more wins but after tonight, I can see them losing a lot more. The pistons had every shot at the end to win this one, other teams will cash in. Nets gave this game away at the end but the pistons played some extra stupid ball to close it. I'm calling it now, the nets will lose their next 10 that don't involve Lakers, Philly or any other scrub team.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Eh they are 4-13 I'm not worried.

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
It's difficult banking on a team to finish with a bottom record when they have a core group that doesn't suck.  They will continue to find ways to win the occasional game.

So will the other sucky teams.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Still have the 3rd worst record in the league. Not worried.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
4-6 since they started 0-7 I think.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
4-13 is what I'm seeing right now. They could win up to 20-25 wins.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Probably good for 25 wins, maybe 30. Pick lands us in the top 10, at least. I figured 5-7 range... that seems ideal. Still a long ways to go, though. Draft not looking great at this point, either.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
That's still a top ten maybe top five pick, that's still in great position and they are so far still in the bottom three. Still plenty of basketball to be played.

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
4-6 since they started 0-7 I think.

The best way to look at it is 4-8 since RHJ joined the starters. His addition has dramatically improved their defensive rebounding and defensive quickness without hurting their already busted offense.

What he hasn't solved is their inability to hit from 3 (worst in the league) and their lack of a go-to guy (Lopez is primarily a pick and roll finisher - not a #1 option as a post threat as he gets fatigued, pushed out of position too easily and struggles with double teams; Johnson is toast). Further, his removal from the bench has destroyed any possibility of a good defensive bench grouping. Karasev/Bogey/T-Rob/Bargs are consistently terrible in this regard and Larkin can be awful too.

They are also riding an All-Star level streak of play from Thad Young right now (18 & 9 in 32mpg on excellent efficiency in his last 10 games) to eek out some offensive respectability in tandem with their defensive improvement. I think they will hit a team-wide cold streak soon even if they continue they maintain their health.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri