Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 569385 times)

Re: The official 2015-2016 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #915 on: November 25, 2015, 10:12:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Wow ......at OKC and Durrant playing .......should have been a blow out .

Nets can not win a dLeague game if Lopez is not on the floor .

Long as Lopez plays ,  they can beat most .500 or less teams on any given night. ....

Lopez Nets are better than Lakers or Philly .......no Lopez they are the worst.

« Reply #916 on: November 25, 2015, 10:14:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Nets lose to OKC to complete the perfect basketball day.

« Reply #917 on: November 25, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Durant back in the nick of time. Nice to have some luck on the injury front.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #918 on: November 25, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The Nets are truly a very, very bad basketball team.  Was at the game last night and, while they did miss some bunnies, there was no way that team could compete with the Celtics. 

what a difference two days make.

I still haven't changed my opinion.  The Celtics, when they play hard and play well, are so far superior to teams like the Nets. 

The C's will win at least 45 games and the nets may win 25 if lucky.

« Reply #919 on: November 26, 2015, 12:40:44 AM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
I don't think today could have gone any better from the C's standpoint.  We beat Philly while BKN lost to OKC.

Other teams that are a potential threat to have bad records at season's end that won today:
- Sacramento
- Orlando
- New Orleans (less concern about them now that they've got Davis back)
- Minnesota

Milwaukee is worse than expected, but will probably pick up quite a few more wins as the season rolls along.  Same for Houston.  Not too concerned about their slow start.  They'll both finish with a better record than BKN for sure.

Also, Dallas lost to the Spurs and are on a 3 game losing streak.  Now if the [dang] Lakers would start winning some games...

« Reply #920 on: November 26, 2015, 09:07:07 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I don't think today could have gone any better from the C's standpoint.  We beat Philly while BKN lost to OKC.

Other teams that are a potential threat to have bad records at season's end that won today:
- Sacramento
- Orlando
- New Orleans (less concern about them now that they've got Davis back)
- Minnesota

Milwaukee is worse than expected, but will probably pick up quite a few more wins as the season rolls along.  Same for Houston.  Not too concerned about their slow start.  They'll both finish with a better record than BKN for sure.

Also, Dallas lost to the Spurs and are on a 3 game losing streak.  Now if the [dang] Lakers would start winning some games...

Wow, you just saved me so much time, but that's also an awesomely detailed summary. TP.

I completely agree with you re: where the Nets really stand against other poorer teams.
We don't have to worry about NO, Orlando, Milwaulkee or Sacramento.

It's a three homeless man's race at this stage with Philly way out in front with the Lakers and Nets battling it out for 2nd place.
If Lopez goes down then it should be a clear 2nd place for the Nets.

We are going to have a really good shot at playing in the lottery for pick #1, it seems the rest of the NBA's dungeon dwellers are a little bit too good to compete with Philly/Lakers.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:12:15 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #921 on: November 26, 2015, 10:11:53 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I still can't believe how bad the Lakers are.  Add kobe, Hibbert, Bass, Russell and Randle and they still can't buy a win.  Clarkson and Young are decent players.  What's with 2 wins?

I swear that franchise is on earth just to make me crazy.  When I root for them to lose, they win; when I root for them to win, they lose.  Can't they just be mediocre for a while?

« Reply #922 on: November 26, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Had to share this after seeing it on the Netsdaily PG thread:
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #923 on: November 26, 2015, 02:09:50 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247

If someone can name 5 teams that are worse than the Nets then you're a liar.
It's simple as that. They are going to catch fire occasionally. They might beat some good teams when the teams are on the 2nd leg of a back to back.
Their records reflects EXACTLY how bad they are...

Their record says they should win 21% of their games. They look like a team that should win roughly 1 in every 4 or 5 games.
Their advanced stats say they are a bottom 3 defensive team and bottom 8 offensive team.
They have literally the thinnest bench in the NBA, quite possibly the worst starting point guard in the NBA and the worst first big off the bench in Barngani.

Again, name 5 teams, or even 4 teams, that when fully healthy, are worse than the Nets this year. You can't.

Some people believe what they want to the point of stubborness. Others hold firm to ill-informed opinions based on thousands of words for the chance that the Nets win 25+ games or Lopez gets injured.

Because right now they got it all wrong.

« Reply #924 on: November 26, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm thrilled to be wrong right now.  I'd much rather be wrong than right.  We are all rooting for the same outcome here.  I don't see the point in naming teams that could be worse.  The season is long.  Brooklyn is 5 games out of the playoffs.  There's like 70 games left in the season.    Things are going our way right now.  Hopefully that continues. 

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Brooklyn pile up the losses. It's the most important aspect of this season and while the odds are still against us, the Brooklyn pick represents perhaps our only tangible hope of acquiring a star.

« Reply #925 on: November 26, 2015, 03:30:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Had to share this after seeing it on the Netsdaily PG thread:

LOL.

I hitteth the Giveth button on this one.

When even ESPN's Amin Elhassan is giving us praise for Danny's wheeling and dealing with BKN, then something MUST be happening good.

There's a 1:19 video where he discusses the trade with KG and Paul and how it will work out for BOS.

« Reply #926 on: November 26, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I still can't believe how bad the Lakers are.  Add kobe, Hibbert, Bass, Russell and Randle and they still can't buy a win.  Clarkson and Young are decent players.  What's with 2 wins?

I swear that franchise is on earth just to make me crazy.  When I root for them to lose, they win; when I root for them to win, they lose.  Can't they just be mediocre for a while?

I been watching the Lakers .

Kobe is shooting the Lakers OUT of games ........it's insane ......no self control ........he won't stay out of the game enough for,the Lakers to win.

I think if Kobe got hurt , the Lakes might put together a few wins.

Bass is just awful...it's almost sad .......the Lakers blogs hate him , and dread him coming in......he gets absolutely destroyed by offenses when Hibbert sits.  The effort is there as usual.......too much age and too,little talent is obvious.

Lastly he coach is TURRible .....so between a coach hat is bad , won' sit Kobe ,  and some very low talent bench players .   ...it s a horrible team.   Even the FO is out of touch ........Mitch is a dinosaur , as is Scott .   The owners don't know squat about talent.  LA is a train wreck.

« Reply #927 on: November 26, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
In fairness to Billy, though - this appeared to be a good trade for them at the time.

The proposed plan was KG and Paul playing secondary - even tertiary roles - with the team and supporting Brook, Deron and JJ.

Brook's injury did not help their cause, though - placing KG in a starting role at C and that was not the case.

Paul and KG ended up leading that team in the playoffs, though. I'd thought that JJ and Deron would've stepped up more, but oh well.

« Reply #928 on: November 26, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
In fairness to Billy, though - this appeared to be a good trade for them at the time.

Zach Lowe recently talked about that trade. He said that at time he didn't think it was bad deal for the Nets, but every team source/executive he spoke to immediately said the Nets were fleeced.

« Reply #929 on: November 26, 2015, 04:15:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
The trade had a small , very small window to work ......KG and Pietce were mostly Star role players and not the GO TO guys night in and night out.   Nets needed to win right away.

It was Lopez and DWill injuries .....constantly being hurt that destroyed the Nets hopes .

They were better then......but Lopez was never on the court more than 5 games and the. He was out a bunch .....same with DWill. 

So ...it was wasn't the OLD stars that fumbled the ball away ......but the prime young stars who let the team sink .

Kidd has proved to be a decent coach now with young Bucks.......he just had a broken down club and
ill fitted team in the Nets.

Now Johnson is too old , Lg and Pierce and Dwill gone .......now Lopez is Finally playing like he needed to three years ago.

And now he has almost no help .  ......shaking my head ....what awful timing on the GM 's part .