Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 571932 times)

Re: The official 2015-2016 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #870 on: November 20, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The Nets present an interesting matchup for us. In terms of the Four Factors our best skills are that we create turnovers and hit the offensive glass. The Nets best 4 factor ratings come in taking care of the basketball and rebounding the defensive glass.

The Nets allow teams to get quality shots, while the C's can't really shoot. The C's opponents shoot more free throws than all but 3 other teams, while the Nets are dead last in terms of getting to the free throw line.

The C's are 5th in pace and the Nets are 23rd.

I expect both the games this weekend to be very close. While I'd like to win both a split is a lot more likely.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #871 on: November 20, 2015, 04:17:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Nets present an interesting matchup for us. In terms of the Four Factors our best skills are that we create turnovers and hit the offensive glass. The Nets best 4 factor ratings come in taking care of the basketball and rebounding the defensive glass.

The Nets should also be able to bully the Celts inside with Thad Young and Lopez.

The Celts should create lots of havoc for the Nets' mediocre ball-handlers, though.

Should be interesting.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #872 on: November 20, 2015, 04:18:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I might get

Really

Really

Sick

It Nets win this .........I'll need a bottle of meds

« Reply #873 on: November 20, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Kind of stupid....but these 2 games are Very Important to us.

We win Both...and maybe the Nets start to fall apart a bit.

A split should be worst case for us....BUT--

The Nets win both---and they have renewed energy going forward...and hurt our Pick a lot.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #874 on: November 20, 2015, 05:20:05 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

The Nets should also be able to bully the Celts inside with Thad Young and Lopez.

The Celts should create lots of havoc for the Nets' mediocre ball-handlers, though.

Should be interesting.

Thad's been great and got the better of Amir in preseason, but Brook has yet to bully anybody this season. Taking the lowest percentage of shots at the rim in his career. Doesn't get a lot of post touches because he's been easy to double team and he's gotten them he's mostly taken fadeaways or hooks from outside the paint.

His moneymaker this season is the 8-12 foot floater off pick and roll.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #875 on: November 20, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Should be interesting.

Thad's been great and got the better of Amir in preseason, but Brook has yet to bully anybody this season. Taking the lowest percentage of shots at the rim in his career. Doesn't get a lot of post touches because he's been easy to double team and he's gotten them he's mostly taken fadeaways or hooks from outside the paint.

His moneymaker this season is the 8-12 foot floater off pick and roll.

Hm.  He should be able to get those off against the Celts relatively small big men.  He's only shooting 47.4% this year, but I imagine he'll be able to do well against the Celts.  He's also getting to the line a fair amount.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #876 on: November 20, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Eh, I expect Brooklyn to shoot really poorly against our nasty perimeter D, like they have all year and I expect us (Namely, Sullinger and Amir) to control the boards generated by those missed shots. The Nets may be able to do some scoring inside but I also expect us to take a few more shots than they will overall, generate a whole slew of TO's for easy buckets and I expect one of Smart/Bradley/Olynyk to be hitting their shots on top of IT's usual 20.

Be interesting to see if they put RHJ on Smart or Thomas to start the game. RHJ could really harass Thomas with his size and defensive skill-set if they stick the rookie too him all night, but that leaves poor defenders on every one else. Though they certainly have been playing better and I kind of understand why some think these next two might be "trap games", the Celtics are a significantly better team than the Nets, with our top-shelf defense, 13-deep roster (compared to the 7-8 deep Brooklyn roster that's gonna need 36+ minutes from Lopez just to have a snowballs chance) and our HUGE coaching advantage, I just don't expect it to be even close.

Plus, I expect Jarrett Jack to go home crying for his mama after Smart, Bradley and Crowder get to him. Can't see him getting 27-10 against us.

« Reply #877 on: November 20, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Let's say the Nets after 20 games are 4-16. That's a winning percentage of .200. Let's also say that realistically the Nets have to get to .500 just to get into the playoffs. That means they woul have to go 37-25 the rest of the way playing at a .597 rate.

I think expecting that team to turn things around and play at that rate for the final 62 games is beyond realistic. I also don't think the Nets will continue at a .200 rate the rest of the year unless they blow it up. But if they improve and let's say play poorly but not epically bad, like at a .350 clip that would mean winning 21 more games and ending up 25-57. That's a bad record.

Over the last 10 years 25wins has netted:
7th worst record
7th worst record
3rd worst record
7th worst record
3rd worst record
7th worst record
10th worst record
4th worst record
4th worst record
5th worst record

So realistically,  I see a 5th or 6th worst record when all is said and done. If there are injuries or trades, I see this maybe getting even lower.

We will see

« Reply #878 on: November 20, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
If we loose these games

I ll hide in shame .....after all the props I ve given the Celtics to my non Celtic friends .

I can 't watch .....ugh.

« Reply #879 on: November 20, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm starting to get genuinely excited about our chances of getting a top 5 pick while making the playoffs.  I read that Brooklyn's starting lineup is one of the best in the league but their depth is clearly not there.  It's still early and I don't want to jinx anything, but this has a chance to be epic.  Danny Ainge is a god.

« Reply #880 on: November 20, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

« Reply #881 on: November 20, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This game is boring... in a good way.

« Reply #882 on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:59 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Celtics are giving the Nets all they can handle and then some.....

« Reply #883 on: November 20, 2015, 09:08:06 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I'm starting to get genuinely excited about our chances of getting a top 5 pick while making the playoffs.  I read that Brooklyn's starting lineup is one of the best in the league but their depth is clearly not there.  It's still early and I don't want to jinx anything, but this has a chance to be epic.  Danny Ainge is a god.

OMG!!!! Someone needs to make this there new sig!

Johnson is pretty cooked, and they're running Lopez into the ground. I've always contended that pick was an almost guaranteed top-10, but now I have even higher hopes. A legit good chance at a top-5 pick and a real punchers chance at the #1 overall pick. These Nets picks seriously look like gold. God Bless DA.

Thomas, Zeller, Young, three unprotected 1sts in a row, and I think there's even more that came from that trade. All for a washed up KG and one year of a 37 year old Paul Pierce. Amazing

« Reply #884 on: November 20, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Someone make this their signature...

It's official, he's finally starting to come around!

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.