Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 572729 times)

Re: The official 2015-2016 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Nets fans are clamoring for a Ricky Rubio trade!

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/10/14/9535047/Brooklyn-Nets-Boston-Celtics-Preseason-Barclays-Center-NBA

I'm watching the Brooklyn point guard situation closely. They obviously need to find a way to get Rajon at this point.

Starting Rubio on that team might actually make them worse offensively.

So you're saying Ainge should help make it happen?  :D

Which begs the question: has a GM ever tried to sabotage another team (for improved draft position) by trading or helping broker a trade with them?

You mean specifically by helping them hurt themselves (i.e. helping them get the bad player that they already want)? Fun question....

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

Nets fans are clamoring for a Ricky Rubio trade!

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/10/14/9535047/Brooklyn-Nets-Boston-Celtics-Preseason-Barclays-Center-NBA

I'm watching the Brooklyn point guard situation closely. They obviously need to find a way to get Rajon at this point.

Starting Rubio on that team might actually make them worse offensively.

So you're saying Ainge should help make it happen?  :D

Which begs the question: has a GM ever tried to sabotage another team (for improved draft position) by trading or helping broker a trade with them?

Well, a few years ago, Ainge traded a few older folks to Brooklyn for a bunch of draft picks...

Mike

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I just don't see more then 4 teams being worst then  Nets. Really don't see it. Philly, Orlando maybe, Portland., Minny, maybe Denver. [dang] sure ain't ten!

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2015, 06:45:07 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Willie Reed (Nets' backup center) has a torn ligament in his thumb.

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeReed33/status/654744412635828224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Obviously he isn't critical to the Nets' success; however, an injury to him makes an already thin second unit even thinner.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2015, 02:29:13 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff

I also enjoyed seeing Jarrett Jack's name show up on the Nylon Calculus "Jeff Green All-stars" this morning.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/10/16/worst-onoff-court-numbers-201415/

Any time the enemy's point guard is being compared (unfavorably!!) to the 2014-2015 versions of JJ Hickson, Austin Rivers, and Lance Stephenson, you have a little something to feel good about.

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
*self-promotion alert* Readers of this thread should be interested in the Net reverse-fan blog I'm doing: www.billykingmaker.com

I'll be watching every Nets game this year (yep, I made the Nets my league pass team) and giving ongoing analysis of the outsource tank.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2015, 06:59:58 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
*self-promotion alert* Readers of this thread should be interested in the Net reverse-fan blog I'm doing: www.billykingmaker.com

I'll be watching every Nets game this year (yep, I made the Nets my league pass team) and giving ongoing analysis of the outsource tank.
Wow. TP for your commitment.

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2015, 08:44:37 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff

I... I am your humble servant.

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2015, 12:52:50 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

This is really impressive.  Are you the only one running it?  Hope you can keep it up!  If they're terrible this could wind up pretty popular.

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

This is really impressive.  Are you the only one running it?  Hope you can keep it up!  If they're terrible this could wind up pretty popular.

Thanks. It's me on lead vocals, but the wife is the rest of the band.  My hopes are high for Brooklyn, but even if they overachieve, I'll keep up the good fight.  The funny thing is, they aren't even the only outsource tanker this year. With NYK and LAL so vulnerable to collapse and Dallas, Sacramento and Miami lingering in the worst possible range for them (and maybe, just maybe, Minny), there's a distant possibility that half of the lottery will go to Philly and Boston.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2015, 11:50:03 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

TP for the site. They should bring you onboard here or link up to your articles. Great stuff.

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Wow. TP for your commitment.
wow. tp for your masochism.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:08 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
This pick has so much potential
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2015, 10:11:56 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
do you guys think the lopez twinz are sharing a condo in nyc or something? that would be amazing
RHJ can even bunk with them.