Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 569420 times)

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
The Nets HAVE to trade their veterans soon....right..?  Right..?

I mean what's the point if they don't---they NEED future assets/Picks...
Lopez to NO for a 1st rounder...something....?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Pistons game is big. We have a 1 game cushion on a top 3 pick position. Top 3 should be the focus, anything out of that is just garbage to me. New Orleans can scrape out some victories here and there but the lakers look plain bad. I think theyd be better if kobe sat.

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Pistons game is big. We have a 1 game cushion on a top 3 pick position. Top 3 should be the focus, anything out of that is just garbage to me. New Orleans can scrape out some victories here and there but the lakers look plain bad. I think theyd be better if kobe sat.

Garbage? Let's not get carried away now. Every Celtics fan wants a top 3 pick, no doubt. We all want Ben Simmons. But I'm not going to complain if it's top 5 or even #8...well, unless we get screwed in the lottery AGAIN (at this point it's starting to look like an anti-Celtics conspiracy). Look who was picked between 5 and 10 over the last few years:

2009 - Curry, DeRozan, Rubio, Jennings
2010 - Cousins, Heyward, Monroe, Paul George
2011 - Valanciunas, Walker (really bad draft)
2012 - Barnes, Lillard, Drummond
2013 - Noel (another really bad draft year)
2014 - Smart, Randle, Payton

Some of those years were rather lean but then again they were relatively weak draft classes. But in other years there are some genuine studs in that list, including a number of All-Stars and the reigning league MVP. I like those type of odds. Those picks aren't garbage.

I remember a few folks moaning when KG/PP were traded that we traded them for a bunch of worthless mid and late round first rounders. Even if the pick is, say, #6, that's a really valuable pick and remember the Cs have two more of theirs (the right to swap in 2017 and the 2018 pick).
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Got hope Drummond can put a little defensive pressure on Lopez.

Step on his foot ...... :)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Would be so awesome if the Lakers had to convey their pick to the 76ers.
If they finish 4th or better the 76ers get that pick.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

It would be awesome for the Sixers.  I think it could be cool to see an organic young Lakers team of Clarkson, Russell, Randle, and their 2016 pick, however.

Maybe the Lakers will get Ben Simmons and he'll be the second coming of Magic.  That would be frustrating unless the Celts get Dragan Bender and he turns out to be another Bird.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

It would be awesome for the Sixers.  I think it could be cool to see an organic young Lakers team of Clarkson, Russell, Randle, and their 2016 pick, however.

Maybe the Lakers will get Ben Simmons and he'll be the second coming of Magic.  That would be frustrating unless the Celts get Dragan Bender and he turns out to be another Bird.
The Lakers getting Ben Simmons would definitely not be cool.  I'm hoping they re-sign Kobe and Scott for five more years. 

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Garbage? Let's not get carried away now. Every Celtics fan wants a top 3 pick, no doubt. We all want Ben Simmons. But I'm not going to complain if it's top 5 or even #8...well, unless we get screwed in the lottery AGAIN (at this point it's starting to look like an anti-Celtics conspiracy). Look who was picked between 5 and 10 over the last few years:

2009 - Curry, DeRozan, Rubio, Jennings
2010 - Cousins, Heyward, Monroe, Paul George
2011 - Valanciunas, Walker (really bad draft)
2012 - Barnes, Lillard, Drummond
2013 - Noel (another really bad draft year)
2014 - Smart, Randle, Payton

2011 was actually a fairly strong draft, though it had a few busts near the top; in addition to Brandon Knight taken between 5 and 10, there was also Klay Thompson, Kawhi, Vucevic, and Tobias Harris available at that range.  Jimmy Butler and Chandler Parsons too though they were too lightly regarded to realistically get looked at in the top 10.  But 3 All-Stars, a Finals MVP, and about a dozen other starters is not a really bad draft.

EDIT: Forgot about Faried, too.  And Reggie Jackson, and Mirotic.  And IT at the very last pick.  Man that draft was deep.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:40:26 PM by foulweatherfan »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

The Lakers getting Ben Simmons would definitely not be cool.  I'm hoping they re-sign Kobe and Scott for five more years.
It would be cool if the Lakers finished with the second worst record in the league and got leapfrogged by the Nets and another team in the lottery so they still have to give their pick to the Sixers. That is what would be cool.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
At the end of the season and the Nets are only one game behind another team in the standings, I just want everyone to remember that this play increased our lottery odds by like 10%:

https://streamable.com/3bbj

I really am shocked that they let this go, just a terrible call.  It's not stopping me from cracking up, though  :laugh:

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
At the end of the season and the Nets are only one game behind another team in the standings, I just want everyone to remember that this play increased our lottery odds by like 10%:

I really am shocked that they let this go, just a terrible call.  It's not stopping me from cracking up, though  :laugh:
that was a great play thanks to lebron, I dont see any foul "wink wink".

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

It would be cool if the Lakers finished with the second worst record in the league and got leapfrogged by the Nets and another team in the lottery so they still have to give their pick to the Sixers. That is what would be cool.

be better if they were third and only need 1 jump. has there ever been #2 push out by 2 teams?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

And this one:

http://youtu.be/Q6yDYaEL0HY

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
poor Lopez he got hacked twice.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

wow...Wow...WOW....Shows you how Crooked the reffing in this league is---BUT--so is the Draft Lottery---so I'm cool with this-!
 8)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.