Author Topic: Kevin Durant says Stephen A. Smith is "lying"  (Read 3155 times)

Re: Kevin Durant says Stephen A. Smith is "lying"
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 11:34:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Stephen A. is usually pretty good with his reporting and sources in the NBA.

Which Stephen A are you talking about? He is as bad as Broussard with his sources.

Smith is obnoxious but if you remember was the only major pundit to call the LeBron/Wade/Bosh Heat pairing several days before it happened.  He's got some sources.  Though with rumors like this it's hard to confirm anything, since they're so vague.
It isn't even much of a rumor.  I mean saying that KD is going to consider LA if he leaves OKC doesn't exactly move the needle.  Of course he would consider LA if he left OKC.  I mean, duh.
So it's kinda non news he's reporting. Not only that but even if it's basically not true you wouldn't expect a player and his agent to shoot it down and be like "We weren't and wouldn't consider LA!" for a bunch of reasons.

I just like how KD is holding this ESPN guy accountable and is saying there's just no reason to put any stock into what SAS is saying

I don't understand why guys like SAS don't just admit it's speculation when it is. Otherwise stuff like this happens
Because I don't think it was speculation.  SAS must have talked to someone (or someones) close enough to KD for him to put stock in it or he wouldn't have said it was sourced.  He would have just stated it as an opinion, something SAS does all the time. 

This is just KD covering his tracks and trying to diminish what was pretty much a non-story anyway.  Nothing more, nothing less.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip