Author Topic: perry jones is done  (Read 8904 times)

Re: perry jones is done
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 04:51:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
didn't mean to be so blunt but it was late in england when i read the news of perry's knees acting up
and that was mey first thought
perry did have some surgery and last season it was a contusion,so maybe it was the drills and pushing to impress in pre season but unless there is a trade to thin the roster it helps with a difficult decision, heres another thought
 if it continues, is there anyway he could be put on a injured list and possibly have a further surgery or time while staying with celts
or is this just what drs saw years ago 3-4 years ago,perry attended p-3 for testing and they found mechanical issues not motor
it is fortunate in a way this happened now as a forced move of cut will become unpressured
but it looks like perry is done
after having knee surgery that ended my career and going through it a second time with my sons   chronic cranky knees,he grew 6 inches in less than year-i seriously wish perry well-
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:22:15 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
if it continues, is there anyway he could be put on a injured list and possibly have a further surgery or time while staying with celts

Sure, but someone else would have to be cut/traded. As I keep stressing, there's 16 guaranteed contracts for a maximum of 15 roster spots. Someone has to go.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Chances are he is likely the player cut now.    Like many have said, your knees being sore this early in the game is very bad news

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Makes making the cut easier.

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yep. Stevens can focus on rotations for the players who will be on the team, not rotations to confirm which players will be on the team.

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 02:44:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
i thought we were building our offense around him.

That was before we lost the chance to build our defense around Sir Bismack 'smack down ' Biyombo.
Time to go to plan B.
You mean the rich man's Willie Cauley Stein?

TPs for both of you!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 04:34:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Not good news on the knees.

Too young to have this much issues with knees .  Actually has little NBA time on them. ....SMH ....which game stress is max .

He 's done for this team .   

He made the choice easy .   

Tuff for him.....now other teams will be extra leary.

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Sure, but someone else would have to be cut/traded. As I keep stressing, there's 16 guaranteed contracts for a maximum of 15 roster spots. Someone has to go.
Sure, but what if no one picks him up? Do the C's still have his rights?

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
No, if he's waived, he's free to be picked up by anyone. The Celtics can re-sign him, but they won't have any rights to him.

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2015, 12:14:10 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
ack! then we're done as well. Losing PJIII is like losing Paul George :'(
- LilRip

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 02:43:32 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

This may be a bit of an exaggeration. While their per-36 stats are remarkably similar, PG is a much better defender. And, while PJ III has a much higher upside due to his physical intangibles, PG is more proven at the PF position right now. So yeah, sort of an exaggeration. But I agree for the most part.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 06:29:48 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
perry has not lost three seasons, he is now nba ready but for those knees
i  think the team should put out a medical report on the state of his knees to clear up all the past reports
clearly how could he play for a whole season or get paid a long term contract.
-my knee inury was cataclysmic and mercifully there was never a question but my son suffered badly for years to point of tears and not wanting to play
 i had to relive it and my son was groomed from a young age-juggling,dance ,ambidextous,huge vertical,fastest kid on squad  and what a wingspan with pass first mentality, a beautifull jumper-and 6-5-
we both never got to play as men,just skinny kids-
his squad played real madrid to a draw at halftime ,,that alone was an achievement for a english premier club coached by amatuers-

so watch out the europeans are skilled,two of top 10 draftees were euro's
i hate knees-poor perry jones,if he gets cut with even just with sore knees it will be tough to catch on to another team

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 08:18:51 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

This may be a bit of an exaggeration. While their per-36 stats are remarkably similar, PG is a much better defender. And, while PJ III has a much higher upside due to his physical intangibles, PG is more proven at the PF position right now. So yeah, sort of an exaggeration. But I agree for the most part.
I wanted to insert a gif in here but they are no longer available.  :-X

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 10:39:08 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Honestly I think some people are jumping the gun by saying he's done, he's got all preseason to prove himself and for all we know the pain could have just come from landing funny at practice. What if he goes out this week and drops 20+ in both Milan games? Yes, he's a long shot, but he's far from being "done".

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 10:55:43 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Honestly I think some people are jumping the gun by saying he's done, he's got all preseason to prove himself and for all we know the pain could have just come from landing funny at practice. What if he goes out this week and drops 20+ in both Milan games? Yes, he's a long shot, but he's far from being "done".

Are you suggesting people on this board might be making knee-jerk reactions based on small pieces of evidence? Sacrilege!