Author Topic: Sully is going to do the same thing as Tristan t.  (Read 2280 times)

Sully is going to do the same thing as Tristan t.
« on: October 02, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Would Sully snatch at an extension now before he gives his stock a chance to rise?

Even if he sits out most the year injured, he'll still let that date pass no?

popcorn.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Sully is going to do the same thing as Tristan t.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I mean im far from a GM but, If sully was offered something now.. Doubt it would be anything close to what he probably expecting off a contract year which he's "suppose" to excel in

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The only way Sully gets an extension offer this summer is if it is incredibly favorable for the Celtics. A deal at a good salary makes him a better trade asset. I think they will attempt to trade him before the trade deadline.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 10:42:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Your assuming Ainge wants him back, which is a big assumption.   He did not meet his weight goals.   Ainge is not going to bad mouth him, which would hurt his value. 

Sully does not have a leg to stand on.   I would love to see him try to do this, were I Ainge, I would point that his lack of conditioning has shown a glaring lack of professionalism.   I would also, point out that he has missed 30% of games due to injury.  I don't think he has the leverage.   Ainge took steps this off season to mitigate any chance that he did not have to rely on him.  Lee and Amir can replace him.   He did not show up in great shape or demonstrate a great deal of weight loss.  He is being less and less spoke about in the media and season reports.

It is possible that he is a camp casualty or the man left out.   I do not think it is probable but it is possible.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The only way Sully gets an extension offer this summer is if it is incredibly favorable for the Celtics. A deal at a good salary makes him a better trade asset. I think they will attempt to trade him before the trade deadline.

We can only hope.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 07:27:01 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I've always been high on Sully but its getting harder to maintain that position. I think his rebounding instincts give him the potential for an elite-level skill. He's got terrific hands and a good mid-range jump shot, which is valuable even if his 3 never develops. He's 23, entering his 4th season. David Lee was 25 entering his 4th season when he had his breakout year, followed by his first all star selection the year after.

I think Sully still has prime David Lee-level potential. But if he doesn't show signs of making that leap early this season I don't think we should wait too long to cut bait. 
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 07:56:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's kind of pointless to have this discussion until he is actually given an offer, but for the sake of the OP let's say he is offered 5yr/$80M like TT at the end of this season.  He should take it regardless of how well he does this season. The fact is that he will have to fight for minutes this season so I am not expecting him to have the numbers to command more money than that.  If he turns down an offer like that, he is even more of a fool than TT.

The real question for the OP is, what is "do the same thing"?  The situations are quite a bit different and they are different types of players.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 08:19:52 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
He's injury prone. No teams will offer him a 5 year deal. 4 absolute max. Probably 3 if he has a solid year.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ainge let AB get to that point, and AB was someone he actually really wanted back (at the right price). Sully's a more valuable player--if you buy into him finding his diet, exercise and fitness guru in John Lucas--but I'd rather have AB on my team. (And ESPN just rated AB as more valuable than Sully this year too.)

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 08:25:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He is off to not such a great start ...if your seeking to impress your boss. ......working out with a known gym rat , does not constitute a life style change .

His routine is obviously going home sitting on the couch eating pizza and playing video games, or else he would have come to training camp far more buff and healthy looking.

He still looks fat for somebody his,age in professional sports .....he is worse than MLB players ....fat tubs of goo.

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 09:35:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bob Ryan thinks otherwise, folks

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/10/4/9449145/bob-ryan-time-to-move-on-from-jared-sullinger

Sully's a more valuable player--if you buy into him finding his diet, exercise and fitness guru in John Lucas--but I'd rather have AB on my team.

Sully though is not reliable, not is he a two way player.  AB plays D at an elite level.    Sully rebounds at an elite level but his D is horrible.