Author Topic: Does BS give IT the opportunity to start this season  (Read 14371 times)

Does BS give IT the opportunity to start this season
« on: October 01, 2015, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
OK. Everyone here knows where IT stands as a player and his skillset. He clearly was the difference maker when he came. At least at a scoring standpoint. With that said, does BS even consider him in the starting lineup? I feel we finally have the size to compensate IT's shortness. I mean lineups can go so many ways. Due to SF position, no lineup will have heavy shooters if we plan to be defensively efficient so I came up with a solid starting lineup with the least deficiencies while having a 2nd unit  which spreads the floor  wayyyy more  and kinda sorta could afford to drop the defensive aggression in return for spreading out the floor with mid range shooter at all positions. Also feel 2nd unit ball movement and chemistry will make them  not that far off from our starting unit keeping the pace of the game at a high level . Thoughts?

IT  (shooting, PnR, gets what he finally wants
Smart (gets to be defensive presence, IT wont be only penetrator to collapse on)
Crowder  (defensive energy, tries to shoot, big body to guard the star SF position)
Sully/KO (whoever you prefer at this position)
Amir (complement IT  inPnR

Turner (2nd unit ball handling)
Bradley (gets to play off ball, be defensive minded, Jerebko makes him 1 of 2 shooters on floor
Jerebko (Jerebko is Jerebko)
Lee   (helps with high post/low-post ballg handling, spreads floor)
Zeller (Complements Lee atleast on rebounds, 2nd unit becomes  size worthy)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:59:41 PM by Redz »

Re: Does BS give IT the opprtunity to start this season
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:34:34 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There is no way Olynyk or Sullinger should start over Lee and Zeller.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »

• Jayson Tatum

And I totally agree with you. If we were putting our best players in the game, I probably would start Smart either.  On a older thread someone made a good point on why they both wouldn't start together. I think Lee deff will come off the bench at least in the beginning even though I'd like him to start. This lineup was assumption that CBS  wanted to maintain a level of talent and aggression on the court for 48 mins while not  having to many deep vulnerabilities.

Lee is our Best Scoring forward. IT is our best scoring guard. I really believe they should be in different units

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »

• Jayson Tatum
Also believe any mix of Lee, KO, or sully wont work that will together especially on defensive end

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:57:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

You're overestimating Lee who's quite worse defensively than either player, and I wouldn't say his offense was better either. He needed to play around the basket (which was a fairly easy task with how good the Warriors perimeter game was) in order to feature a good looking stat line... 79% of his shots. He was quite bad outside the paint.

Anyways, his abysmal defense alone brings to question any security he might have on getting on the starting line-up, and this is even after considering Sullinger and Olynyk poor defensively. Lee is worse, and by quite a bit.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:08:14 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 11:03:51 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
No.  Maybe if ET gets traded. 

Hard to see keeping IT out of the starting lineup if ET is gone.  That would also give Rozier a nice clean look at backup PG...

As far as ball handlers go, I wonder if Hunter will ever get a chance as an SG who shares a lot of ball handling duties...(like turner now but from the 2).

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 11:16:18 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Sure IT has a shot. I'm asking a tougher one does Jerekbo have a shot to start at SF? It may just happen. I think it makes the 1st and 2nd units much more balanced.
IT/ Smart/Rozier
AB/Turner/RJ
JJ/Crowder/Young
AJ/Lee/Sully
Zeller/KO/Mickey

Starters have spacing and defense to support IT.
2nd unit is a scrappy and smart platoon of guys that will beat out any bench.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

KO could well be a more valuable starter than Zeller this year.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 11:20:54 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

KO could well be a more valuable starter than Zeller this year, and I'd be kind of surprised if Lee starts.

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't think it would be a regular thing, but he could experiment with it. If I'm BS I'm saying to IT "It's not whether you start, but how many minutes and when those minutes are, and you are going to play a ton of crucial minutes."

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I've never been a fan of moving a perfect 6th man guy who embraces the role into a starting lineup. The Jamal Crawford and ITs of the world. They belong in that 6th man role. They are a better benefit to the team then they are as starters. Moving them to a starting role disrupts their chemistry as well as the chemistry of the team.

Also no way Jonas starts and I still think Lee has to be in the starting lineup.

Smart/IT/Rozier
Bradley/Turner/Hunter/Young
Crowder/Jonas
Lee/Sully/KO
Johnson/Zeller

We just have way too many guys that should be playing a reserve, 7th or 8th man role.

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
I've never been a fan of moving a perfect 6th man guy who embraces the role into a starting lineup. The Jamal Crawford and ITs of the world. They belong in that 6th man role. They are a better benefit to the team then they are as starters. Moving them to a starting role disrupts their chemistry as well as the chemistry of the team.

Also no way Jonas starts and I still think Lee has to be in the starting lineup.

Smart/IT/Rozier
Crowder/Jonas
Lee/Sully/KO
Johnson/Zeller

We just have way too many guys that should be playing a reserve, 7th or 8th man role.

Has IT particularly embraced the 6th man role?

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »

• Jayson Tatum
Sure IT has a shot. I'm asking a tougher one does Jerekbo have a shot to start at SF? It may just happen. I think it makes the 1st and 2nd units much more balanced.
IT/ Smart/Rozier
AB/Turner/RJ
JJ/Crowder/Young
AJ/Lee/Sully
Zeller/KO/Mickey

Starters have spacing and defense to support IT.
2nd unit is a scrappy and smart platoon of guys that will beat out any bench.

I actually agree wit this

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 11:45:38 AM »

• Jayson Tatum

Smart/IT/Rozier
Crowder/Jonas
Lee/Sully/KO
Johnson/Zeller

Has IT particularly embraced the 6th man role?

Which is exactly why I made this thread. He says he wants to start.  Then he saves face  by saying he does whatever CBS needs him to

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 11:47:20 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd rather not start IT & have him come off the bench.  I really think that's the ideal role for him. Offensive spark plug. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team