Author Topic: Patience is a Virtue (2016 Offseason Trade Idea)  (Read 3925 times)

Re: Patience is a Virtue (2016 Offseason Trade Idea)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm sorry but you guys are delusional. Kevin Love was in the EXACT scenario you guys are hoping for - last year of the deal and the player basically said trade me or I leave for nothing. Minnesota got Andrew freaking Wiggins! Teams basically never sell their stars for some scrappy guards and a mediocre power forward, because they know they can wait for the crazy overpay offer, and even if it never comes there will always be a team to give them something in the ballpark of what you are proposing. I think you guys are incorrect in thinking the C's would have any leverage in this situation.

Do you remember that we were arguably the number one suitor for Love until the Cavs binked that #1 pick?

Our Brooklyn pick has a solid chance of being top 8, or even better if we get some Irish luck on draft night.
Our Dallas pick has a good chance at being top 10-12.

So something like a #7 pick+#10 pick+ Sully+Marcus Smart would probably be pretty attractive to them if it's a trainwreck situation- which is really the only way we are getting him here via trade anyway.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 12:02:44 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
It's not going to happen unless Cousins makes himself so toxic that we might not want him anyway. 

To my eyes, that's almost impossible.

Cousins has been surrounded by such a giant mess in Sacramento for so long that until he leaves the Kings I (and I think most people) will always wonder about what could have been with a change of scenery to anything resembling a proper team / staff.

He's have to go way, way off the deep end (I'm talking Gilbert Arenas style - bringing guns in locker rooms etc) for me to not want to take a shot at him.

If you look at the list of bigs who have put numbers close to cousins at the age of 24, you'll find he's is in some seriously elite company:

* Demarcus Cousins: 24 / 13 / 3
* Tim Duncan: 22 / 12 /3
* Kevin Garnett: 22 / 11 / 5
* Shaquille Oneal: 26 / 12 / 3
* David Robinson: 24 / 12 / 4
* Hakeem Olajuwon: 23 / 11 / 3
* Dwight Howard: 19 / 14 / 2
* Chris Webber: 22 / 10 / 4
* Charles Barkley: 28 / 12 / 3
* Karl Malone: 28 / 12 / 2
* Dirk Nowitzki: 25 / 10 / 3
* Kevin Love: 18 / 14 / 2
* Patrick Ewing: 22 / 9 / 2
* Chris Bosh: 22 / 10 / 2

Also pretty much ever guy on that list was playing upwards of 38 MPG to produce those numbers, while Cousins only averaged 34 MPG.  Adjust the numbers on a Per-36 basis and it's even more impressive:

* Demarcus Cousins: 25 / 13 / 4
* Tim Duncan: 20 / 11 / 3
* Kevin Garnett: 20 / 10 / 5
* Shaquille Oneal: 25 / 12 / 3
* David Robinson: 24 / 12 / 2
* Hakeem Olajuwon: 23 / 11 / 3
* Dwight Howard: 19 / 14 / 2
* Chris Webber: 20 / 9 / 3
* Charles Barkley: 26 / 11 / 3
* Karl Malone: 26 / 11 / 2
* Dirk Nowitzki: 23 / 9 / 3
* Kevin Love: 19 / 15 / 2
* Patrick Ewing: 22 / 9 / 2
* Chris Bosh: 22 / 10 / 2

This is basically a list of all the absolute greatest big men to play the game in the modern era (the past 20 years or so) and objectively speaking you'd have to say that Cousins' numbers are the best on that list.

To be fair i've not included steals and blocks, so if you include those it will tip the favor towards Shaq, Robinson and Hakeem - but to even be on the same page as those guys is nothing short of mind-blowing.

He is well and truly on track becoming one of the greatest big men to ever play the game.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:46:22 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 12:04:49 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
It would take a lot of immaturity for Demarcus Cousins to lose trade value. He would probably have to eat Darren Collison.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2015, 12:07:40 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm sorry but you guys are delusional. Kevin Love was in the EXACT scenario you guys are hoping for - last year of the deal and the player basically said trade me or I leave for nothing. Minnesota got Andrew freaking Wiggins!

Just for the record, Andrew Wiggins is so far looking like one of the most overhyped prospects of the past decade. 

For a guy who was hailed as the second coming of Lebron James, he is so far looking more like a Rudy Gay / Demar Derozan caliber guy.  Certainly no bad thing, but he looks nowhere near as good as Lebron / Melo / Wade were in their rookie years.

It would take a lot of immaturity for Demarcus Cousins to lose trade value. He would probably have to eat Darren Collison.

hahaha I give you a TP for that one - seriously made me laugh out loud!   ;D