Author Topic: Been blocked on one particular device, can someone explain why  (Read 9680 times)

Re: Been blocked on one particular device, can someone explain why
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 02:32:07 AM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
It happened to me. It may have been started initially by a network, but then persisted either because it was my MAC address that had been flagged, or because of a cookie that stayed on the machine.

Had you recently traveled? Is it possible that the time on your device did not match the local time?

I'm thinking in my case such a mismatch caused the ban, which persisted even after I went home.

At that point, clearing the cache seemed to fix the problem. You might try that.
You can also go into the router's gateway and choose to manually assign a MAC address and then change some of the characters in the address. Then power cycle the modem and router. You will get a new IP address.

Re: Been blocked on one particular device, can someone explain why
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 02:34:38 AM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Second time I've been banned because of the roaming cellphone IP address thing or whatever. Cleared the cache and whatnot the day after, didn't work. Finally worked today.
try the reset network settings I recommended so it doesn't happen again. Your IP is probably on same subnet as a banned one.