Author Topic: Jared Dudley on Adam Morrison - "He was disgusting"  (Read 2562 times)

Jared Dudley on Adam Morrison - "He was disgusting"
« on: September 29, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I stumbled across this article, and I was actually surprised on how Dudley put Morrison on blast!

Here are the most relevant quotes;
But Dudley was also asked to name the worst dresser or most disgusting teammate from his career, and he immediately had an answer.

“Adam Morrison,” Dudley called out, naming a teammate from the 2008-09 Charlotte Bobcats. “Remember Adam Morrison? He never took showers, he did the chewing tobacco that he spit all the time, and he wore the same three polos the whole year. This is a guy who made a lot of money, too, at that time. He was the face of diabetes, he was doing everything, he was on the cover of college games, he was [everywhere], and he was by far the worst and [most] disgusting.”

Grant Paulsen then pointed out that if Morrison wasn’t receiving many minutes, this might not have been a big deal.

“He was playing when I was there, that’s the thing, he was playing,” Dudley said. “He then tore his ACL, that’s when he didn’t play, but he was playing when I was there. He was playing like 30 minutes a game. Gerald Wallace had to force him to take a shower one time. Had to force him. Imagine that. Imagine forcing a grown man to take a shower. He should be ashamed of himself.”
The episode with Wallace had me cracking! I wouldn't have expected that from NBA players!

(To those who are interested in reading the whole article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/09/29/jared-dudley-says-teammates-had-to-force-adam-morrison-to-shower/)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: Jared Dudley on Adam Morrison - "He was disgusting"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:37:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I was in close proximity once to Adam Morrison when he did a group interview at the NYC NBA store right before the draft with Rudy Gay, Randy Foye, and Tyrus Thomas. I'm telling you that mustache didn't look half as bad in real life as on tv. I was at the point I thought "Yeah I could see how he looks at that in the mirror in the morning and thinks it looks good"

He looked like he could hardly walk, but I chalked it up to Larry Birdesque white boyness, and convinced myself he'd be great. In hind sight...

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 06:49:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Wasn't he the cry baby in college ?

If it's the same guy ....I k ew he was going to fail ....big time after I saw that mental break down SMH

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I could kinda see Morrison being a tall, sweet-shooting version of the smelly weird kid at the back of the bus.  Doesn't make him a bad guy overall but yeah, some people have very odd/poor hygiene habits.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

If it's the same guy ....I k ew he was going to fail ....big time after I saw that mental break down SMH

Yep that's him.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
If his hair and facial hair wasn't a dead giveaway, I don't know what is

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 02:46:05 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Maybe he felt uncomfortable with showering because he got smallest d... in a lockerroom...?
Have you guys thought about it  ::) :laugh:
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Maybe he felt uncomfortable with showering because he got smallest d... in a lockerroom...?
Have you guys thought about it  ::) :laugh:
Nah probably not the reason. The article clearly points out that Morrison went days without showering ;D!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 09:27:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Morrison later quipped that he hadn’t showered in more than three days, according to the Gonzaga Bulletin. Which doesn’t really seem too crazy to me, but I guess some people love to shower.
I start feeling yucky after I don't shower for 24 hrs, but I guess that's just me.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 10:48:23 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Morrison later quipped that he hadn’t showered in more than three days, according to the Gonzaga Bulletin. Which doesn’t really seem too crazy to me, but I guess some people love to shower.
I start feeling yucky after I don't shower for 24 hrs, but I guess that's just me.
no, that's being clean, which is a good, good thing. be sure to scrub behind your ears, koz.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 12:13:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think they called him

Stinky

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 12:47:30 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Dude cried after getting knocked out of the biggest NCAA tournament appearance of his career.  There is no shame in that.  Larry Bird did the same thing.  Last I checked no one considered him mentally weak.