Author Topic: CB Points League Draft, held Sunday, Oct 4, 2015 @ 6:15pm EST - cuts looming  (Read 32982 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The clock ends the suspense (thank you Mr. Clock. At least I have you) and at 38 IP receives Guillermo Hernangomez

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
With the #39 pick, Toine's Boys select: Arturas Gudiatis

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Ah yes. Gudaitis. My 7th favorite Zalgiris Kaunus player of all time.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Lovetotrade picks Rakeem Christmas at 40 4 minutes before he had to despite the notable disadvantage of not being here or sending a list. If he doesn't like it and shows up in the next 3 minutes I can change it tomorrow because it's the last pick.

Now if only he can later get himself a Rakeem Hanukah, a Rakeem Ramadan, and a Rakeem Kwanza he'll be all set

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
That's the end of the draft.

If you find a small Mace Windu pic I could really use it.

Now....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oaxyM2tN-c

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nice job Eja.  Thanks for running the draft.  TP

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Thank you Eja for a fantastic job running the draft! Much appreciated

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
There were I think 18 missed picks. I think I might want to address that next year

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
There were I think 18 missed picks. I think I might want to address that next year

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Mk

the k in Mk stands for "King of the GIFs".

For whatever reason(s) the points league always seems to have more missed picks than the H2h.

I think the evening draft may have exacerbated that... though IP alone forgetting about the draft accounted for 1/3 of those missed picks I think.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Draft is over but just a note that if i get an offer for a high enough 2016 pick, I'm willing to move tyus jones.

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

This was the first year we did an evening, rather than mid-week, mid-day.  correlation?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

This was the first year we did an evening, rather than mid-week, mid-day.  correlation?
maybe and maybe not. People could still send their lists. Some guys couldn't make it like you, but other guys could like me. It's more a list thing.

Over half the picks were made, but still. And a lot of the GMs that weren't at this one were at the H2H (I think). And some guys with no picks (mkogav) still made an appearance.

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

maybe and maybe not. People could still send their lists. Some guys couldn't make it like you, but other guys could like me. It's more a list thing.

Over half the picks were made, but still. And a lot of the GMs that weren't at this one were at the H2H (I think). And some guys with no picks (mkogav) still made an appearance.

Yea, but I am thinking people probably are on CB more during the week, so they see the thread and are reminded.  Whereas on the weekend, they step away from the computer?  I don't know.

Anyway, since I haven't previously said it, thanks for making my pick for me.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Yea, but I am thinking people probably are on CB more during the week, so they see the thread and are reminded.  Whereas on the weekend, they step away from the computer?  I don't know.

Anyway, since I haven't previously said it, thanks for making my pick for me.
No prob. In hindsight, especially since I didn't have a pick maybe I should have let or asked someone else to do it during the week. I expected it to be harder, and couldn't have imagined at the time someone trying to work and run a draft. Maybe next year there are other options