Author Topic: Should Danny push a trade for Harrison Barnes?  (Read 2856 times)

Should Danny push a trade for Harrison Barnes?
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:32:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
And then sign him to a 18 million a year deal for 4 years.  Take the risk that Barnes as one of the main guys can have a breakout year. Don't think that GSW can afford to keep all their starters happy contract wise

Wait until you can try to trade the farm on a guy like Durant or take a risk on Barnes who  had his best season of his career last season also has a ring under his resume

To GSW: Zeller, Sullinger, Bradley, Turner, 2 1st round picks 
To Bos: Thompson, Barnes, Mcadoo, Rush (both waive)

Sign Barnes to 4 year 18 million a year deal

Lineup after trade

Amir
KO
Barnes
Smart
Rozier

Bench
Lee/Mickey
Jerebko/Thompson
Crowder/PJ3
Hunter/Young
IT

Re: Should Danny push a trade for Harrison Barnes?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
You know I say yes to going for Barnes. But not sure on that package. Way too much. After all you are the one paying and Barnes still has a long way to develop. I'd go Sully, Turner, C's 2016, and Mavs' 2016 for Barnes and small exemption. Simple as two solid role players along with one good pick and one lower 20s pick.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:50:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'm not convinced that Harrison Barnes is worth 2 first round picks. I guess it depends on the picks but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think "star."

If it becomes clear that he wants out and we can nab him for some PF's and a 1st and a couple of 2nd rounders I'd do it in a heartbeat but I'm not going to beat down the door trying get him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 03:01:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
You know I say yes to going for Barnes. But not sure on that package. Way too much. After all you are the one paying and Barnes still has a long way to develop. I'd go Sully, Turner, C's 2016, and Mavs' 2016 for Barnes and small exemption. Simple as two solid role players along with one good pick and one lower 20s pick.

unfortunately you are going to have to overpay for Barnes. GSW wont' let him easily walk. Worse case keep him , try to repeat and then worry about the contract situation after

With this trade, GSW will have one of the strongest bench in the league. 

Somebody is going to overpay for Barnes and then sign him up long term.   Like someone said, maybe he turns out to be the next Harden.  Maybe not. But he has improved every season and had his best year under Kerr last season.  Chances are also without being behind the shadows of Curry,  Thompson and even Iggiy, Green  he can "show" more

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

unfortunately you are going to have to overpay for Barnes. GSW wont' let him easily walk. Worse case keep him , try to repeat and then worry about the contract situation after

With this trade, GSW will have one of the strongest bench in the league. 

Somebody is going to overpay for Barnes and then sign him up long term.   Like someone said, maybe he turns out to be the next Harden.  Maybe not. But he has improved every season and had his best year under Kerr last season.  Chances are also without being behind the shadows of Curry,  Thompson and even Iggiy, Green  he can "show" more
Then you let someone else overpay. You can't go over board on a guy that is still outside the NBA top 25.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Not sure why we need another thread devoted to Harrison Barnes. Virtually the same trade idea.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=80597.msg1953902#msg1953902

Edit: Sorry, I guess the "newness" of this idea is landing Jason Thompson.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:27:10 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 03:24:37 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Not sure why we need another thread devoted to Harrison Barnes. Virtually the same trade idea.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=80597.msg1953902#msg1953902

Edit: Sorry, I guess the "newness" of this idea is also asking GSW to part with Klay Thompson.
It's not Klay

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 03:26:37 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Ha, forgot that Jason Thompson ended up with the Dubs.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Honestly, why not offer up something like Crowder and the Mavs pick for him? At this particular moment, they're about the same skill level - Barnes being better offensively and Crowder being better defensively. Barnes obviously has a much higher ceiling, but I could see Crowder being a good fit in their system. He's a very good versatile defender that can guard the 2, 3, and 4, and he can hit the open three. With their small-ball system and Crowder being very cost-controlled for the next four years, I could see him being an excellent fit on their team that won't cost them $18M a year.

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 04:15:10 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
And sully and zeller and bradley and 2 picks for barnes???????? R u crazy? Everyone of them can give u a first rounder back... so 5 first rounders for... barnes??????? R u crazy?????

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 04:26:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Ha, forgot that Jason Thompson ended up with the Dubs.
You were wrong on klay but right on the point. We don't really need new Barnes threads every week.