Author Topic: ESPN Player Rankings  (Read 12420 times)

Re: ESPN Player Rankings
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2015, 09:31:43 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
How on Earth does Rudy Gay have a career-best season, with an advanced stats profile that's dramatically improved since arriving in Sacramento, and drop 20 spots (ok, 19)?  He's seeming like one those guys where mainstream opinions of him are somehow always trending the opposite of his actual play.

The fact that Toronto got a lot better when he left and that he didn't improve Sacramento probably have a lot to do it.

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2015, 09:50:26 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
IT4 capps of C's at 65. Underrated imo, one of the best offensive players in the nba. People just can't get over the fact that he is 5'9
Top 20 offense and a bottom 100 defense so anywhere 60-70 is fine by me.

Doesn't really matter, though, especially for this team, imo. When you have Bradley, Smart, Crowder, and Rozier in your backcourt and wing positions, defense out of IT is just so meaningless honestly. His offensive impact completely blows any of his defensive issues out of the water so I agree that he is underrated overall. I think people blow his lack of height and defense out of proportion when judging his overall ranking. I don't see any other offensive heavy guards getting knocked down 30-40 pegs for being bad on defense. It's kinda odd, you gotta admit. IMO, IT should probably be sitting in the 30-45 range.

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2015, 10:12:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
65 is very generous for a guy who will be coming off the bench for a team that hopes just to win more games than it loses.

Or you could say he is the pre-season favorite for 6th Man of the Year and is leading the way for one of the most exciting up and coming teams in the NBA. As has also been pointed out on here many times, he compares favorably to a guy like Kyrie Irving - he just isn't as tall.

You can spin it either way, but I know you were half-kidding anyway.