Author Topic: Harrison Barnes trade to Celts idea  (Read 4963 times)

Harrison Barnes trade to Celts idea
« on: September 21, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To GSW: Zeller, Sully, Jerebko, Young, Bradley, 1st round pick, (non lotto), 2nd round pick

To Bos: Barnes, Bogut, Clark, McAdoo

Re: Harrison Barnes trade to Celts idea
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 11:07:37 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
It is way too much to me and I believe GSW will not be willing to part with Bogut. He is worth way more to them than in a trade to us. Why break up a brilliant starting 5?

Another aspect - GSW would like to stay in the play for Durant. They can practically only do sign-and-trades and Barnes is a very good starting point for such - young, plays the same position, good potential.

A wish we could, but it is not happening.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 11:12:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It is way too much to me and I believe GSW will not be willing to part with Bogut. He is worth way more to them than in a trade to us. Why break up a brilliant starting 5?

Another aspect - GSW would like to stay in the play for Durant. They can practically only do sign-and-trades and Barnes is a very good starting point for such - young, plays the same position, good potential.

I don't see Durant as a feasible target for the Dubs, considering they still have to pay Steph Curry.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I don't see Durant as a feasible target for the Dubs, considering they still have to pay Steph Curry.
+1
But just wait someone will say the cap is rising like there's an infinite amount of cap and $.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

+1
But just wait someone will say the cap is rising like there's an infinite amount of cap and $.
Well usually when we talk about the salary cap rising around here it has to do with the dollar amount we can throw at a player.

In Golden State's situation it has much more to do with the percentage of the cap a player like Durant would take up and how that would affect the kind of percentage/salary they'd be able to offer Curry, who is still on his 4/$11 mill. deal from 2012.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 11:45:25 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I feel the Warriors would be losing too many key guys. Bogut and Barnes can't both be traded. Barnes may be traded if he wants a mega contract. Reports are he did turn down 16 per. AB being included in a deal for Barnes is interesting. Would Warriors go AB, Curry, Klay, together and AB take the tougher of the guards to defend? That would help Curry but puts Klay up against some tough opponents at the 3.

I still like Sully, Turner, PJ3, Dallas and C's 2016 1st for Barnes.

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 11:51:59 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

+1
Well usually when we talk about the salary cap rising around here it has to do with the dollar amount we can throw at a player.

In Golden State's situation it has much more to do with the percentage of the cap a player like Durant would take up and how that would affect the kind of percentage/salary they'd be able to offer Curry, who is still on his 4/$11 mill. deal from 2012.
I fully agree. They have to budget.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Note that a trade for Harrison Barnes likely means a tacit agreement to pay him more than $16 mil a year for the next four years after his current contract expires.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--warriors-offered-harrison-barnes--64-million-extension-223600896.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 12:27:10 PM »

Offline PutItInTheAir

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
why pay so much for barnes? when crowder is almost identical in stats besides 3pt shooting. just to have a deeper bench.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=barneha02&p2=crowdja01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

and keep in mind crowder didnt play much at all in DAL

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
why pay so much for barnes? when crowder is almost identical in stats besides 3pt shooting. just to have a deeper bench.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=barneha02&p2=crowdja01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

and keep in mind crowder didnt play much at all in DAL
Have you watched Barnes play? The guy is showing very high potential. Crowder ain't on his level.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Barnes always reminded me of Jeff Green. I can see him running a similar path as JG, flashy at times then disappears.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This trade is ridiculous.

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 12:41:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Barnes always reminded me of Jeff Green. I can see him running a similar path as JG, flashy at times then disappears.
I agree but taking a back seat to so many established stars and former stars at his age should be factored in. JG was given the reins and he chose not to do anything. Best guess is Barnes is /lands somewhere between Leonard and Green.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 12:48:37 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

He's financially feasible even with Curry's new deal looming, but it would require shipping off much of their vaunted depth and make them really top-heavy. Very similar to the Heat's Big 3 Era, except they wouldn't likely see the sustained success because, hey, they play in the West.

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

+1

I guess I had to put the part about sign-and-trade in bold to be read.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."