Author Topic: Avery bradley for Terrance Ross  (Read 3951 times)

Re: Avery bradley for Terrance Ross
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Ross is an Ainge-kind of a reclamation project, but it is not the right time now.

We are looking to trade multiple players for 1 to clean roster space. A straight swap AB-Ross does not work salary-wise. Toronto needs to add players and this complicates our roster situation.

If anyone, a possible target could be DeRozan (note - AB for DeRozan works financially, if Toronto would do it is another question). I personally do not like his game and do not like the fit with the Celtics. I would not give up AB + any of our current players for an inefficient scorer.

I think DeRozan is who we should go after. I'd trade Bradley, Turner, Olynyk, the Minny 1st, & two future 2nd round picks.

TOR might ask for Sully if they see him as more of a starter than Olynyk.

IMO Lowry/AB/Carroll/Sully/JV with Joseph, Turner, Ross, Patterson, Biyombo off the bench would be better than any lineup w/ Olynyk

Yech--I wouldn't give all that for DeRozan. We need a more efficient scorer in that position.
+1 - I am not giving up AB+KO for DeRozan, let alone including picks.

IMO you guys are overvaluing both Bradley & Olynyk. I see Turner & the picks I listed as throw ins to sweeten the deal for TOR. TOR is in our conference so we have to give them an incentive to make this trade.

I forgot to mention that if Sully is involved in the trade, we shouldn't have to give up all of those picks (in any).

The Celtics would be getting a guy who averages 20.1 ppg, 3.5 apg, 4.6 rpg in 35 mins per game. DeRozan is a good defender and midrange shooter. I've also heard he's been working hard on his 3pt shooting. Nonetheless, we
already have shooters and we need DeRozan who's aggressive attacks the basket will open up more shots for our shooters.

We'd still have the Dallas & Brooklyn picks as well as our own.

After the trade our roster would be:

Smart/IT4/Rozier
DeRozan/Hunter
Crowder/Young/Jones
Lee/Sully or KO/Jerebko
Zeller/Amir/Mickey

Brad Stevens could start Crowder at the 3 or start IT4 or Rozier (once he proves himself) and have Crowder come off the bench.

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Funny this thread has surfaced, today I was checking who would be a good trade partner for the C's to acquirer another scorer, and the name Terrance Ross came up.

Toronto is weakest at power forward position, with Amir gone, they are lacking quality there, we're deep at PF. Maybe a combination of player's and a draft pick or two could get Ross heading this way. He can score, he's young, maybe a new team could get him moving towards reaching his full potential.
Didn't they get Demarre Carroll in free agency? He's a SF too. I know the numbers have to work too.

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 01:37:57 AM »

Offline chipp_pat

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Funny this thread has surfaced, today I was checking who would be a good trade partner for the C's to acquirer another scorer, and the name Terrance Ross came up.

Toronto is weakest at power forward position, with Amir gone, they are lacking quality there, we're deep at PF. Maybe a combination of player's and a draft pick or two could get Ross heading this way. He can score, he's young, maybe a new team could get him moving towards reaching his full potential.
Didn't they get Demarre Carroll in free agency? He's a SF too. I know the numbers have to work too.

would be quite funny if we traded Amir back to them for Terrance Ross  ;D

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 02:37:26 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
at this point of Ross' career
i think its easy to say that this is a overpay

id rather keep AB or get a 10-20 1st rounder or at least some clear a roster spot in the process

while agree that we should try trading our good players for assets for the lottery
i disagree with making any trade where we dont get equal or perceived greater value