Author Topic: Avery bradley for Terrance Ross  (Read 3962 times)

Avery bradley for Terrance Ross
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:48:01 AM »

Offline chipp_pat

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
So don't get me wrong i love Avery Bradley.. but with the phase Boston is currently in as a organisation in asset accumulation, Ross just posses so much more untapped potential in which Brad Steven's may be able to harness properly.

For Toronto it also gives them a more steady contributor who obviously plays much better defence than Ross (as of right now) and allows them to be more successful as of now.

For Boston we get a player who is much more physically gifted, as he is 6-7 and an incredible athlete as opposed to Bradley who is only 6-2. and in doing so this allows us to give more playing time to RJ Hunter and James Young to develop those two who can easily become future stars.
Call me crazy but i would be happy to through in Evan turner aswell.

Re: Avery bradley for Terrance Ross
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:54:35 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Terrance Ross looks like he completely lost any confidence in himself as a player.

Maybe Stevens can instill enough faith in himself, but the way Ross played last year, I wouldn't even give them Avery Bradley. Plus, what would they do with DeRozan, and how would minutes match up?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 12:55:45 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Welcome to CB!

I think this would be an interesting trade if the C's started off the first couple months of the season in such a way that player development became equally (or more) important than winning.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 01:28:06 AM »

Offline chipp_pat

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Well DeRozan is 6-7 himself so he should not have any trouble playing the 3 in small ball lineups. but i dont think minutes would be too scarce as the only other two impact guards they have are Lowry and Joseph

Terrance Ross looks like he completely lost any confidence in himself as a player.

Maybe Stevens can instill enough faith in himself, but the way Ross played last year, I wouldn't even give them Avery Bradley. Plus, what would they do with DeRozan, and how would minutes match up?

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 01:44:39 AM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'd pass on that.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 02:48:14 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Ross is an Ainge-kind of a reclamation project, but it is not the right time now.

We are looking to trade multiple players for 1 to clean roster space. A straight swap AB-Ross does not work salary-wise. Toronto needs to add players and this complicates our roster situation.

If anyone, a possible target could be DeRozan (note - AB for DeRozan works financially, if Toronto would do it is another question). I personally do not like his game and do not like the fit with the Celtics. I would not give up AB + any of our current players for an inefficient scorer.

"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Both Terrance and Philip

;)

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 08:46:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
had enough time to show he's got more than potential so I'm not terribly high on Ross.  certainly not at the price of AB. 

I have no problem trading AB for someone who might fill a hole at SF or C but I think AB is worth more than someone who's main asset is 'upside' after a few years in the league

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 09:42:06 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Ross is an Ainge-kind of a reclamation project, but it is not the right time now.

We are looking to trade multiple players for 1 to clean roster space. A straight swap AB-Ross does not work salary-wise. Toronto needs to add players and this complicates our roster situation.

If anyone, a possible target could be DeRozan (note - AB for DeRozan works financially, if Toronto would do it is another question). I personally do not like his game and do not like the fit with the Celtics. I would not give up AB + any of our current players for an inefficient scorer.

I think DeRozan is who we should go after. I'd trade Bradley, Turner, Olynyk, the Minny 1st, & two future 2nd round picks.

TOR might ask for Sully if they see him as more of a starter than Olynyk.

IMO Lowry/AB/Carroll/Sully/JV with Joseph, Turner, Ross, Patterson, Biyombo off the bench would be better than any lineup w/ Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I think DeRozan is who we should go after. I'd trade Bradley, Turner, Olynyk, the Minny 1st, & two future 2nd round picks.

IMO Lowry/AB/Carroll/Sully/JV with Joseph, Turner, Ross, Patterson, Biyombo off the bench would be better than any lineup w/ Olynyk

Yech--I wouldn't give all that for DeRozan. We need a more efficient scorer in that position.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

Yech--I wouldn't give all that for DeRozan. We need a more efficient scorer in that position.
+1 - I am not giving up AB+KO for DeRozan, let alone including picks.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 03:03:15 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Toronto would make room for KO. They want some Canadians.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 04:18:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
DeMarr can score but he can't spread the floor that well and I think that is why he would be a poor fit for us.   He does always seem to kill us though.

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 05:34:16 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I know little about Ross so this may be garbage but what about Turner + KO for Ross? Is that overpay?

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 09:31:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I know little about Ross so this may be garbage but what about Turner + KO for Ross? Is that overpay?
Unlike many here, I am a Turner fan for this team due to his versatility.

AB + KO for Ross