Author Topic: San Francisco Fans At it Again  (Read 4006 times)

San Francisco Fans At it Again
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/15/49ers-vikings-fan-fight-beating-brawl-video

Now obviously, the video (which is pretty violent) picks up after the fight has started so no one really knows what precipitated it, but it is still crazy.  Even after security gets involved it still goes on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: San Francisco Fans At it Again
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
San Fran, Oakland, & Philly are three places I would never want to go to as an opposing fan.  Horror story after horror story.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Those dimwits are not one of us, I'd like to just put that on record.

Real Niners fans from San Francisco would know darn well to just get out of that stadium due to traffic. They must be from other towns.

In all seriousness, I feel ashamed being called a Niners fan alongside with these idiots. This is totally unnecessary, especially after a great game. Those morons don't deserve the Niners.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 04:26:23 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
San Fran, Oakland, & Philly are three places I would never want to go to as an opposing fan.  Horror story after horror story.

How bout Detroit?

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:28:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Goons are goons, regardless of team.

From the poster as reported in the Deadspin article:

I’m seeing a lot of comments talking bad about the 49er fans without actually knowing what happened, so....

Here’s the full story:

The Viking fan in the video and a 49er fan NOT in the video were talking smack to each other, getting into each others faces. A lot of fans from both sides were telling both people to stop and just walk to their cars. The 49er fan then walked away from the situation and that’s when the Viking fan may have got a little cocky. The Viking fan turned around and addressed everyone behind him (mostly 49er fans). He said “ what’s up, any of you ****ers want some?!” At that point everyone went silent for 2 seconds then as the Viking fan was turning around to walk away, the 49er fan in the black (at the beginning of the video who threw the first punch) tackled him to the ground. That’s where the video starts.

Even if the guy was asking for it, just walk away. Absolutely STUPID to start a fight, injure someone, and be arrested. All of this could have been avoided but mix booze and people and you have the video. I was not there, I just saw it on my FB page. It is disgusting and certainly filed to the “Nah, that Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is never okay” part of the library.

SMH. COME ON GUYS Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.!
http://deadspin.com/video-shows-49ers-fans-beating-vikings-fan-in-parking-l-1730794603
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 04:32:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

How bout Detroit?

I'd have no qualms going to Detroit.  Been up there for hockey & baseball and never had an issue. 

There's a history of violence with Niners, Eagles, & Raider fans attacking opposing fans. If you go there to root for an opponent, its best that you don't wear the colors. Also, this isn't an isolated event for Niners fans.   They have a bad reputation.

This happened just last year with them.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/06/two-49ers-fans-arrested-two-injured-in-fight-at-levis-stadium/

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:15 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
It's weird because I've found San Francisco to be a friendlier city than Boston and I'm surprised that this is a recurring thing.

Personally if I'm at another teams stadium I'm not saying anything negative to another teams fan, I probably wouldn't wear an opposing team's jersey either just to be safe.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 04:51:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It's weird because I've found San Francisco to be a friendlier city than Boston and I'm surprised that this is a recurring thing.

Personally if I'm at another teams stadium I'm not saying anything negative to another teams fan, I probably wouldn't wear an opposing team's jersey either just to be safe.

The stadium is in Santa Clara, which is about an hour and a half drive away from San Fran. People from all around the Peninsula are now making up most of the fans who go there than from San Francisco. Now I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that those guys are not from San Francisco. The city is normally opponent friendly when it comes to sports, except against the Raiders apparently. But ask a Dodgers fan, they love going here.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 04:52:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I'm guessing part of it is maybe chalked up to being a "Midwest mentality" thing, but I've rocked Pats gear for road games at Green Bay, Chicago, & Cincy and never had an issue.  Kinda chuckled at some of the stuff uttered my way but never felt threatened.

You also have to be smart too, though.  Just don't act like an idiot and realize where you are. 

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
the worst thing about the nfl is the fans. they watch 10 games a year and think they're god's gift to fandom.

IMO they're easily the least knowledgeable, and least pleasant of the american sports fanbases.

really for a large chunk of them football is just an excuse for them to get boozed up and hate on other teams/fans. tired of the hype and negativity surrounding the sport in general.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 05:24:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
the worst thing about the nfl is the fans. they watch 10 games a year and think they're god's gift to fandom.

IMO they're easily the least knowledgeable, and least pleasant of the american sports fanbases.

really for a large chunk of them football is just an excuse for them to get boozed up and hate on other teams/fans. tired of the hype and negativity surrounding the sport in general.

Sure, this is hardly an exclusive province of the NFL, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 05:28:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Yeah I like watching football fine, though I have a lot more qualms about it with the recent evidence of severe neurological damage.

But I think the culture around football is pretty appalling in a lot of cases. Maybe it's the violence of the game or the higher stakes of having fewer of them, but it really seems to bring out the worst in a lot of people, to a degree other sports don't.

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

The stadium is in Santa Clara, which is about an hour and a half drive away from San Fran. People from all around the Peninsula are now making up most of the fans who go there than from San Francisco. Now I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that those guys are not from San Francisco. The city is normally opponent friendly when it comes to sports, except against the Raiders apparently. But ask a Dodgers fan, they love going here.

I would note that Santa Clara is typically considered to be part of the South Bay ("Silicon Valley"), as it abuts San Jose. 

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

I would note that Santa Clara is typically considered to be part of the South Bay ("Silicon Valley"), as it abuts San Jose.

Yeah that's why they moved -- so they could be the $an Franci$co 49ers.

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 02:21:30 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Yeah that's why they moved -- so they could be the $an Franci$co 49ers.

True, but then I've rarely seen a pro franchise move for non-financial reasons.  On the other hand, the location of the stadium also provides fans the possibility of actually surviving a night game... ;)