Author Topic: Crowder for Tony Snell?  (Read 2675 times)

Re: Crowder for Tony Snell?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 09:30:29 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I love Crowder, but lets be honest, he isn't a starting SF or SG. I think Snell at times seemed hesitant, but hes a rookie who has yet to even go over the cusp of his potential.

The main criticism with Snell isn't that he has no potential or high ceiling, but the fact he wasn't aggressive enough. He has a very high vertical jump, and athleticism that shoots up through the roof if you watch the Basketball breakdown by Coach Nick.

I suggested this trade, because even if they lose the 3pt shot from Snell, they got McBuckets to possibly replace him or as a sixth man. Plus Crowder and Butler would fit well, and maybe give Butler the incentive to stay alongside his good mate from college.

James Young?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 10:00:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Crowder plays hard and is tough nosed but again Celticsblog is over-rating a player, like that should be a surprise.

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 10:11:40 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Tony Snell has more upside and is cheaper now, but being cheaper right now doesn't matter too much because we aren't contending now.  We need a player who is cheaper during our "window" and we have Crowder locked up for a bargain deal during that (hopeful) period of time.  I imagine Snell could be the better player in 2 years, but if he is then he will be looking for $10M+ per year in his next contract.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 10:14:17 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I think Crowder plays hard and is tough nosed but again Celticsblog is over-rating a player, like that should be a surprise.

IMO Snell is the one being overrated. Have you ever heard the phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? Crowder did well last year, and there's no point of making this trade. If the Bulls want Crowder over Snell I see that as a problem and all the more reason for us to keep Crowder. Snell is still on his rookie deal. Why would the Bulls want to take on more money right now?

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 10:42:56 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

IMO Snell is the one being overrated. Have you ever heard the phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? Crowder did well last year, and there's no point of making this trade. If the Bulls want Crowder over Snell I see that as a problem and all the more reason for us to keep Crowder. Snell is still on his rookie deal. Why would the Bulls want to take on more money right now?

Agreed. While Crowder is probably getting some hometown love I don't think Snell is a good trade -- Who did a nice job explaining why.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.