Author Topic: Bulls and Celtics trade idea: Noah and Mcdermott  (Read 11414 times)

Re: Bulls and Celtics trade idea: Noah and Mcdermott
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
To get McDermott.  I don't really care about Noah I think he's cooked. We could try and sign him to a friendly deal but if he walks meh. For me it's about getting McDermott...would be nice to get bith and resign Noah to a nice value deal I guess.
I don't get the fascination for Dougie.  didn't impress last year at all.  I'm not saying he'll be a bust but I think he'll be a decent bench guy at his peak.

it's one year. Are you serious?  More than half the rookies are riding the bench. Even some top 5 picks.  So they are damaged goods by the 2nd year?

If Mcdermott was a sure thing in his first year, this trade would not pull through.  Imo because they got Mirotic , they can afford to let DM go. Bulls have other needs.
yes, I'm serious Triboy. 

typically good players (or at least players that will turn out to be pretty good that would justify trading as much as what was originally proposed and is apparently the main goal of the trade proposed for Chambers) show a bit more than Dougie has shown so far.  Dougie isn't in the same category as Young for instance because Dougie is older, more college experience and had the good fortune to learn how to play in college from his father who was his coach.  For someone with that background, I have higher expectations for someone that would be considered a high quality prospect.  Based on what he's shown so far, I don't think he'll amount to more than a bench player. 

Re: Bulls and Celtics trade idea: Noah and Mcdermott
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
To Bulls: Avery Bradley, Evan Turner, Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger
To Celtics: Joakim Noah,  Doug Mcdermott, 1st round pick

Why Bulls do the trade:  Team had a poor offseason, has a so so bench and there is a 50/50 chance Noah will sign to stay long term.  Gasol, Gibson also are not the most durable players.  Avery Bradley would be a nice backup to come off the bench for either Butler or Rose.

Why Celts do the trade:  Noah and Amir = one of the better frontcourt defensive duo in the league.   Mcdermott could turnout to be an average joe sf like Mike Dunleavy or have a breakout season.   Worse case, will provide solid 3 pt shooting and 10 points off the bench.  Best case , we get someone like a Paul Pierce for years to come.  Add another 1st 

Celts lineup after trade
C  - Noah
PF - Amir
SF - Mcdermott
SG- Smart
PG - Rozier

Bench
C  - KO/
PF - Lee/Mickey
SF - Jerebko/PJ3
SG - Hunter/Young
PG - IT

thoughts?

couple things. 

Why not sign Noah outright next summer if you're that interested in him?  By the way, I don't think the Celtics will be throwing the kitchen sink at Noah, and I think it's likely Noah stays in Chicago. 

Secondly, Celts are negotiating with Zeller and Sullinger and are likely to lock 1 of those guys in at a reasonable price this fall.  With that said we'd be trading 2 players (Bradley, Zeller or Sully) on team friendly deals for an unproven shooter (McDermott) and an expiring.  Doesn't make sense. 

Lastly, the Bulls also say "no" to this deal.  They are going with what they have and think with a fresh coach/system in place they can make a Warriors-like jump.  They invested in Butler, and Rose has been pretty healthy lately.  I think Noah bounces back and has a good year as well.  I actually really like the Bulls this year and have them as a my clear cut #2 in the East behind Cleveland.