Author Topic: new Melo trade article  (Read 7696 times)

Re: new Melo trade article
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 02:13:38 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Think the Kings would have any interest in trading for melo? Rondo Melo DMC

The kings don't have much to offer. Remember they sold off their future to Philly to clear up cap space. Also if I remember correct Karl and Anthony weren't on the best of terms after Melo left Denver.

The Kings have more than Boston IMO, and are stacked 1-11. What did they clear cap for? Will it matter if Kings win?

The answer though is that the Kings already have a younger, cheaper, borderline all star caliber player who fits with Cousins now (Gay)

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 02:28:28 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Assuming our Brooklyn pick is looking as good as we hope it will be and Sully steps up his game another notch this year, what lineup would you play with Melo if it cost us something like Lee, JJ, Sully, Hunter, and the Brooklyn 2016 pick and our pick next year?

To me, I would play him at PF and start Crowder next to him. This depth chart would be as good as anyone in the East not named Cleveland, and I think we could give Cleveland a run for their money in a series given our youth and defensive pressure:

PG: Smart, IT, Rozier
SG: Bradley, Turner
SF: Crowder, PJIII
PF: Melo, KO, Mickey
C: AJ, Zeller
I like the idea of putting Melo at PF. He's strong enough to play PF and probably too lazy to play good perimeter defense against quicker small forwards.

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2015, 05:40:45 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
The New York Knicks aren't ready to engage in trade talks involving Carmelo Anthony, but Zach Lowe reports "they're getting closer."

When Anthony signed his deal in July of 2014, Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the belief within his camp was it was better to take the money from the Knicks and he could attempt to be traded if they were unable to become contenders.

Lowe followed up on the initial report by agreeing with Chris Herring's statement that the Knicks will discuss trading Anthony if they struggle as they did during the 14-15 season.

Anthony has a no-trade clause and a trade kicker in his deal.

I wonder what it would cost to get him if the knicks were stinking it up and they wanted to trade him. Unfortunatly there are just not that many gets that are stars and look like they will be traded soon. It would come down to what we would have to give up. His contract doesn't really scare me anymore with the cap increases. Probably would have to be something based around Lee's expiring contract.

We got Picks and young players. Melo paired with a defensive minded C, we got somethin!

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2015, 06:13:52 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
First, I don't think Jackson will want to or be able to if he did want to trade Melo.  But now hypothetically, how about a straight up trade:

Carmelo Anthony for DeMarcus Cousins

Who wins that trade?

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I trade a 2 pound package of fresh hamburger meat and a can of beanie weenie .....

Otherwise he can stay out of th Celtics hair and crib it up in the big apple or LA

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
First, I don't think Jackson will want to or be able to if he did want to trade Melo.  But now hypothetically, how about a straight up trade:

Who wins that trade?

Knicks, easily. And I like Melo.

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7

Who wins that trade?

The Kings have Rudy Gay.

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 09:04:09 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Who wins that trade?

Knicks, easily. And I like Melo.

Ya it's the jacked up version of who says no with Kevin Love for Melo?

Hope that one never happens though. If Melo moves I'd like it to be to a contender like the Bulls -or Boston- where he could play the anti Lebron.

If I'm reading this right Melo's teams has won 1 more game than Lebron's teams in their matchups. Historically Melo's been good about getting up against Lebron...
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01