Author Topic: what a joke -which celts would make good football players  (Read 6222 times)

what a joke -which celts would make good football players
« on: September 08, 2015, 08:45:52 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
its been history week but this tops it off-can't these guys write about current issues -we fans love the rookies or don't,james young and durant ,kelly  and team canada,amir working out,perry and his offseason-whats going on at waltham,jerebco and zeller workouts-get some good photos of sully
hows rj doing putting on bulk,how does perry look,whats up with mickey--which celtic  would make a good footballer -embarrassing and lazy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:53:44 AM by rollie mass »

Re: what a joke -which celts would make good football players
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:06:32 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Give em a break - it's a fun topic and they can't manufacture news out of thin air.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:22:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Give em a break - it's a fun topic and they can't manufacture news out of thin air.

Agreed.  When there's news to report, Jeff and Co. report it.  When it's slow, he tries to come up with fun stuff to write about.

In short, if you don't like it, just ignore the article.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:06:34 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
sorry, if i  crossed any boundaries,was just amazed as this was headlined across main page-

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 10:09:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
embarrassing and lazy

The same can be said for complete disregard for punctuation, capitalization and whatnot.   ;)

Both you and Jeff write from the heart.  Cut the man some slack on exploring an angle for the fun of it. 
Yup

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
This is a fun topic.

Evan Turner - WR
Avery Bradley - safety
Isaiah Thomas - CB
Jae Crowder- DE or TE
Terry Rozier - WR

The best of the bunch would be:
Marcus Smart - LB

I thought of Sully as an OL, but remembered he only did 9 reps at 185 on the bech press.  OL need to do about 25 reps at 225.  So I don't think he's a candidate.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:33:07 AM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 10:20:34 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
my writing as it is, stems partially from being bedridden,a mini stroke,a deep vein thrombosis full leg,large acute pulmanary embolism next to aorta and another on heart side
-most of time spent with a laptop balanced one hand
medications have also effected me --i have to have a nurse take me for a walk
not making excuses  for my postcard style and it has gotten worse but is one of my few enjoyments reading others posts and watching and reading articles-

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The wildest thing about the article is peeps thought IT could play QB.   How would he ever seen over the line?  Flutie was short but not that short.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 11:19:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This is a fun topic.

Evan Turner - WR
Avery Bradley - safety
Isaiah Thomas - CB
Jae Crowder- DE or TE
Terry Rozier - WR

Marcus Smart - LB

I thought of Sully as an OL, but remembered he only did 9 reps at 185 on the bech press.  OL need to do about 25 reps at 225.  So I don't think he's a candidate.
Crossposting from the front page:

For what it's worth, both Smart and Crowder played in high school. Smart was a SS and Crowder was a QB.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 11:28:41 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
This is a fun topic.

Evan Turner - WR
Avery Bradley - safety
Isaiah Thomas - CB
Jae Crowder- DE or TE
Terry Rozier - WR

Marcus Smart - LB

Crossposting from the front page:

For what it's worth, both Smart and Crowder played in high school. Smart was a SS and Crowder was a QB.

I could see Smart being a very good SS.  I suspect there are a lot of guys in the NBA that would be outstanding players in the NFL.

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 11:59:07 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Check the calendar.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Agreed.  When there's news to report, Jeff and Co. report it.  When it's slow, he tries to come up with fun stuff to write about.

In short, if you don't like it, just ignore the article.

Credit Jeff and co. for not resorting to Buzzfeed tactics to get clicks during the off-season.  Haven't seen any "Here's How the Celtics Will Win a Playoff Series This Year" type article titles, or gratuitous "Arbitrarily Numbered List" articles.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 12:12:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
sidenote: if you ever got the chance to look at the difference in traffic between one great article with a normal title and the same article with a listicleized title and however many  subheading/sections you would weep.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 02:45:28 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
its been history week but this tops it off-can't these guys write about current issues -we fans love the rookies or don't,james young and durant ,kelly  and team canada,amir working out,perry and his offseason-whats going on at waltham,jerebco and zeller workouts-get some good photos of sully
hows rj doing putting on bulk,how does perry look,whats up with mickey--which celtic  would make a good footballer -embarrassing and lazy

I'd rather talk about this subject than all of the proposed trades that are out there.

I think that Marcus Smart would make a fine strong safety and that Jared Sullinger would be a terrific tight end.

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 03:03:53 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

I'd rather talk about this subject than all of the proposed trades that are out there.

I think that Marcus Smart would make a fine strong safety and that Jared Sullinger would be a terrific tight end.

Agreed. Seems like OP was having a rough day. I for one, love these types of subjects. Some people like creativity...
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird