Author Topic: Eric Bledsoe trade idea  (Read 1520 times)

Eric Bledsoe trade idea
« on: September 08, 2015, 08:07:53 AM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner for Eric Bledsoe

Re: Eric Bledsoe trade idea
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We don't have enough guards already?  We are kind of weak in SF.   I would have no problem losing KO or Sully in a deal.   I just do not see us making this deal.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Suns are in the same predicament as the Celtics in that they have a surplus of good role players, but no real stars. I don't see this being an appealing deal for them in the least.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:50:56 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner for Eric Bledsoe

I don't think this is enough to WOW the Suns into trading us Bledsoe. More than likely they'd want some of our picks as well. If I'm PHX I view ET as a throw in. AB & KO have not proven they can provide the same impact for PHX that Bledsoe does. Bledsoe avg'd 17 Ppg, 5.2 Rpg, & 6.1 Apg. I think it would be smart for the Suns to keep Bledsoe at least until draft night 2016. The Suns could use Bledsoe and their pick to move up in the draft, or trade Bledsoe & the pick for a Superstar (depends on the value of the draft pick).

I could see Bradley or KO being part of a trade that sends Markieff Morris to a 3rd team and gets us back a more talented player

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 09:13:37 AM »

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think we have enough guards as it is.

Also, Bledsoe 2.0 is my best-case scenario for Rozier so let's wait and see what he brings to the table first? 

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:14:40 AM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Bledsoe's contract is bad enough that it hurts his trade value alot imo...plus...with Markieff Morris wanting to be traded..a guy like Olynyk becomes pretty valuable..or lets say sully. I don't think the Suns are delusional to think they can get a kings ransom for Bledsoe.

The reason I want Bledsoe is he is a much better compliment to Smart than Bradley.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Why would the Suns want to trade him?

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
If Smart is going to share the backcourt with another ball handler why not start IT4 (defense?) or eventually Rozier? A backcourt of Smart, Bledsoe, & IT4 would take away minutes from Hunter, Rozier & Young.

TBH I love Bradley's game, but I think he is expendable due to his lack of versatility (doesn't have the handles to be a combo guard). When Bradley was a rookie I'm sure nobody was raving about his defensive abilities. Rozier will have the same opportunity to become what Bradley is defensively. And in terms of offense Rozier could be BETTER. Both Bradley & Rozier are ABOUT the same height and weight. Not saying we should trade Bradley for a bag of chips, but I'm certainly willing to trade him. Maybe as part of a bigger package.

Also, I'm calling it right now...RJ Hunter is THE BEST shooter on the team. Give him a couple of years (to put on weight and polish his game some more) and that starting SG spot might be his!

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If I'm upgrading a position it's SF. I'm not trading any assets or players for another combo guard. Still DA might we know he loves combo guards.