Author Topic: FIBA 2015  (Read 5404 times)

FIBA 2015
« on: September 06, 2015, 10:59:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I saw a news stream go by on NBA TV last night about Canada winning a game against Puerto Rico, I think, and Kelly Olynyk had 15 points, Wiggins led the team with 19 or so.

Re: FIBA 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:02:58 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
:-(

i thought it was about the eurobasket.. Lots of NBAers (current and futuret) playing

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 08:28:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
:-(

i thought it was about the eurobasket.. Lots of NBAers (current and futuret) playing
I haven't been watching Eurobasket but NBA TV has been streaming the scores across the bottom of the screen.  Spain beat Turkey, Paul Gasol had 21 points. Lithuania beat Latvia, Valencunis leading scorer there.  France won, Tony Parker had a good game.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 09:03:56 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I caught the 2nd half of Serbia vs. Spain. Bjelica was fantastic. I believe he can have a Mirotic-like season for the Twolves.

The EUROBASKET is very, very interesting. France is with full squad, Spain is Spain, Greece, Serbia, even Turkey, Italy and Croatia. Great tournament!
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:07:31 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I agree .. i can`t wait for the quarterfinals with the top dogs fighting for place to the next Olympic games also !! I think i`m going to regret not getting tickets for the semis and the final .... :-(

I think the 24 four squad format is too much
there are a lot games that nobody wants to watch ...

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 05:41:42 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Pau dropped 40 against France, wow :D

The rest of the team scored 35pts.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:50:35 PM by sahara »

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK

what a game...Gasol always played like a beast for spain. I love the passion he plays with.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Don't forget that they're playing without Marc Gasol, Ibaka, Rubio, Calderon, and Sergio Rodriguez (not sure if Navarro has retired from FIBA). That team is absolutely loaded. Mirotic gives them an element (perimeter shooting) that they lacked last summer.

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 03:26:01 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I can`t call Spain a loaded team. They are 7 men deep ... But those 7 are top class!!!

I didn`t except them qualify over Greece and certainly not over France but they did and it wasn`t by lack!

Gasol`s tournament has been nothing but AMAZING. The guy (as his coaches say) shouldn`t play more than 5mins per quarter and yet he is by far the mvp of the tournament. A 35y/o with +1000 NBA games and 2 rings! Talking about devotion ......

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 04:55:29 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Pau the MVP of the tournament, Lithuania had no chance.

Dude was just on another level. Blocked shots without his feet even leaving the ground, made shots that no one could possibly defend better. And he´s 35yrs young.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:48:36 PM by sahara »

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Lietuva looked like a deer in headlights. They need two more years to be able to challenge Spain at the very least.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 03:09:19 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Pau the MVP of the tournament, Lithuania had no chance.

Dude was just on another level. Blocked shots without his feet even leaving the ground, made shots that no one could possibly defend better. And he´s 35yrs young.
He is not just 35y/o .... He is an established NBA player (if not star) with +1000 games , 2 rings, a lot of money, 2 times european champion, world champion, Olympic games finalist. He has done pretty much everything possible... On top of that as the trainers of the National team had said he shouldn`t have played more than 5mins per quarter and yet he was by far the best player in the tournament. And yet he almost singlehandedly won the trophy.

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 01:10:36 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Yeah, Philippines was the complete underdog in our finals match against China. They also executed poorly once the bad calls started to happen. If you tell me before the tourney started that we took 2nd place I wouldve been happy. With that said I cant help but feel angry at what happened during the finals against China.

First was the near "accident" before the semifinals game against Japan. Apparently the driver of the team bus drove in the wrong lane and faced oncoming traffic head on. Then before the finals match as well, the team bus was late because the people in charge forgot to charge the bus. That delayed their arrival and warmups by a long while. Then tickets were apparently not available for some of the assistant coaches. Now even with the delay during the philippines' warmups the chinese officials took the time to fix the net, preventing the philippines from doing their warmups. That's without the thousands of bad calls and non calls in the game. Get slapped in the face? China ball! Guards also did nothing when the crowds were harassing the bench of the Ph. What a disgrace! Sad thing is, the chinese dont care about their image and are flaunting it on social media.

http://www.ballerspinas.com/2015/10/china-s-dirty-tactics-during-fiba-asia.html#.VhCx2Oz0cfQ