Author Topic: Smart's name supposedly mentioned in lawsuit against OK State  (Read 3588 times)

Smart's name supposedly mentioned in lawsuit against OK State
« on: September 05, 2015, 08:53:22 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Via celticslife.com:

http://www.celticslife.com/2015/09/marcus-smart-mentioned-in-steve-clarks.html

According to Tulsa World, former OK State player Steve Clark has sued the university and its head coach Travis Ford for abuse Clark claims came at the hands of Ford and the team.

The report specifically points to psychotropic drugs that Clark was allegedly forced to take after he complained to Ford of “hazing and abuse” from Smart. Clark claims the drugs began “manifesting in suicidal and homicidal thoughts as well as erratic behavior,” and he was required to take them as a condition of staying with the team.

Clark was dismissed from the university in 2014 after two separate arrests during his freshman season for marijuana possession and the final straw of urinating out the window of a vehicle.

According to Sporting News, Clark is claiming Ford and the team ruined his dream of playing in the NBA and is seeking a variety of damages:

Don't know how true this is,but something to keep an eye on I guess.

Re: Smart's name supposedly mentioned in lawsuit against OK State
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:47:17 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I know nothing about the particulars of this case, but I do know quite a bit about the side effects of SSRI's and Ritalin-like drugs.  I have presented at several regional and state conferences on a topic entitled:  The Pharmacological Delusion:  What They Don't Want You to Know.

This presentation is about the multiple side effects of such "prescriptions" and the fact that every major school, college, or military base shooter was on either an SSRI or a Ritalin-like drug.

Big Pharma is a HUGE for-profit industry and it is like fighting with Goliath to get this information out and have it heard.  Also, about 20% of the adult population is likely taking an SSRI like drug.

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:49:31 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
It sounds ridiculous but so does dragging your league's star player and sport through 2 years of litigation for being generally aware of something that might have happened.  So never say never.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
It does seem out-there. Especially if the plaintiff complains of drug-induced delusions. Marcus Smart is my favorite Celtic by a freeging lot and this paints him like a bully. I'm a Ravens fan, though. So if Smart isn't in trouble, I will act as though nothing ever happened, and encourage Marcus to a career in motivational speaking.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 11:02:55 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I saw Marcus give someone a wet willy in that youtube video day in-the-life thing he did...

uh oh. Sounds like "hazing and abuse" to me.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This sounds like a claim brought by a person who is mentally ill.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 12:02:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If we assume that the allegations are true, it would seem to me the major complaint is the coach forcing a player to take psychiatric medications (as opposed to say, a psychiatrist).  I'm not a fan of hazing, but if the head cosch's reaction to learning of hazing is to demand the victim take some sort of medication, then that's clearly an institutional problem, and not much of anything related to Smart or any other player.  And that's if what he says is true.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
If we assume that the allegations are true, it would seem to me the major complaint is the coach forcing a player to take psychiatric medications (as opposed to say, a psychiatrist).  I'm not a fan of hazing, but if the head cosch's reaction to learning of hazing is to demand the victim take some sort of medication, then that's clearly an institutional problem, and not much of anything related to Smart or any other player.  And that's if what he says is true.

I think they mean that the coach made his kids or certain kids take an ssri to make him focus better...Like an unwritten coach's call...then the teammates gave him drugs which resulted in some bad side effects and potential addictions, resulting in a lost career/lots of moniez.

Amazingly slimey but great thinking.
Wouldn't surprise me if coach made other players do it too.
If his lawyers (or  authorities ) get two or three players to testify even one hazing with weed/ acid and one other player saying coach made him take an antidepressant and he's laughing his way to a very large settlement.
Unreal.
Might set a significant precedent for other athletes that threw away their lives with bad decisions.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Worth pointing out that the report actually says "hazing and disrespect" not abuse.

Cry me a river.

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 01:01:21 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
yeah abuse is when you call someone a terrible fan.

hazing with weed and acid? I think you're reading into this too much. How could you haze someone with weed? They would just enjoy it.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

What???
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
yeah abuse is when you call someone a terrible fan.

hazing with weed and acid? I think you're reading into this too much. How could you haze someone with weed? They would just enjoy it.

Ha - that comment really resonated with you, huh?  ;)

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Oops

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 03:43:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

I resemble that remark ....

;D

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I know nothing about the particulars of this case, but I do know quite a bit about the side effects of SSRI's and Ritalin-like drugs.  I have presented at several regional and state conferences on a topic entitled:  The Pharmacological Delusion:  What They Don't Want You to Know.

This presentation is about the multiple side effects of such "prescriptions" and the fact that every major school, college, or military base shooter was on either an SSRI or a Ritalin-like drug.

Big Pharma is a HUGE for-profit industry and it is like fighting with Goliath to get this information out and have it heard.  Also, about 20% of the adult population is likely taking an SSRI like drug.

Smitty77
Smitty I could not agree with you more. I have just started to eat organic and have been trying to research about SSri's and many other problems that affect our country....like Flouride/GMO's, processed foods, sunscreen, chlorine and fluoride getting in your body while showering, but also the toxins from pharmaceuticals and the side effects.

I've also been trying to learn about gut health and cleanses for liver etc. Also I learned that taking antibiotics is very harmful to your gut/body and you should only take them when you absolutely need to:like when natural remedies/your body is not yet alkaline do not work.

It's disgusting that the SSRI companies hid facts from the public about the side effects it can have on certain people: like many of the gunmen in cases. You start to see that even the FDA can be bought and literally everything is about money.