Author Topic: That Rondo Thread  (Read 43090 times)

Re: Everybody Hates Rondo
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
so far this year Rondo is getting 13 points a game, 11 dimes and 7 boards per game.

If it all doesn't click this year in Sac and he wants out, and we have money we have to spend due to the new cap, why not take him back and let Turner walk?

« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Adding Rondo in place of Turner wouldn't help us in any of the areas in which we are weak, and it would weaken us in areas in which we are strong.

Personally, I'd like to see him head to New York to throw lobs to Porzinger.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: That Rondo Thread
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2015, 12:41:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
No thanks.

Use the money elsewhere. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Adding Rondo in place of Turner wouldn't help us in any of the areas in which we are weak, and it would weaken us in areas in which we are strong.

That would be sweet.

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Love Rondo I'm one of his biggest fans, but I'm also a Brad Stevens fan and I don't think the two of them are a good match really. 

He's in a perfect situation he just needs a better starting SG next to him who can score.  Bradley at his current level would be dynamite for the Kings and he and Rondo already have good chemistry.

« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton

care to elaborate?

« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2015, 01:35:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

care to elaborate?

He's probably referring to are weak areas being interior defense and scoring. Areas of strength that would suffer with Rondo would be ball movement and defense. Nothing really to argue about there.

« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2015, 01:39:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

care to elaborate?

He's probably referring to are weak areas being interior defense and scoring. Areas of strength that would suffer with Rondo would be ball movement and defense. Nothing really to argue about there.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2015, 01:39:44 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

care to elaborate?

There's just more glaring needs for this team right now that can be partially addressed by FA than trying for Rondo Part II.  Personally, this team could always use frontcourt upgrades, increased scoring, and outside shooting.  Adding Rondo doesn't really address any of this.  Not worth throwing money at.  He's just not a good fit on this roster.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2015, 01:42:23 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The only place I want Rondo is on a commentary team with Rick Carlisle in about 10 years

« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2015, 01:46:15 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
Rondo is pretty good on D. But Turner has been really good as of late too. We have a good thing going so I can see the idea of not wanting to mess that up. Really I'm talking about the 1 2 and 3. The D from AB Crowder and Smart has been really good and it seems like other guys have stepped it up. What is that German word for when the sum of the parts is greater than the parts individually added up?

But I would say a big area of weakness for us is passing. Amir can score f we can get it to him but I cringe everytime we try because we seem to pass in slow motion and they get picked off a lot. passes to the pain that is. Zeller has great hands and a great shott near the hoop and he's not even playing. We could use help in the passing department.

I guess I would only want Rondo back if he wanted to come back and was ok with an IT like role- maybe you start maybe you don't. What ever is best for the team. I agree we don't really need him anymore as we are doing well with our guards, but we have a history. Maybe, just maybe he would want to come back and it would be a good thing for us. Also, we could very well end up trading one of AT, AB, ET or MS if we could net a better 4 or 5 so that would open up room. 

« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2015, 01:46:41 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rajon Rondo, happy with Kings, says Dallas issues made him work harder
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14264682/rajon-rondo-says-disappointing-dallas-mavericks-stint-made-hungrier

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A revitalized Rajon Rondo attributed his resurgence this season with the Sacramento Kings in part to motivation stemming from his disappointing stint with the Dallas Mavericks.

"I think it made me hungrier," Rondo told ESPN.com after scoring 21 points and dishing out five assists during Monday's 112-98 win over the Mavericks, the first time he faced Dallas since his departure. "I never started doubting myself. It made me work a little bit harder. I think I worked the hardest I ever worked in the NBA this summer.

"I'm a competitor. I never doubted myself. All these people have counted me out since I got in the league, so it never made me any difference. I kept myself around positive people, got a great support system and just kept at it."

"Every relationship doesn't work," Rondo said. "It just didn't work. No excuses. No pointing the finger at anybody. It made me stronger, made me appreciate just playing the game, especially playing at a high level. I never doubted myself. It just didn't work.

"Try to keep staying positive, but things just didn't work out for the best for either side. And that's just part of it. Every player, every coach doesn't always see eye to eye. Every team doesn't fit every person's style of play."
Rondo had a brief conversation with Carlisle during Monday's game. He interrupted Carlisle's huddle with Deron Williams near the Dallas bench during the first half, trying to eavesdrop on Dallas' strategy.

"He just told me to get the f--- out of here," Rondo said with a laugh. "Yeah, I've heard that before."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:52:16 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
I love that about Rondo. When teams huddle up there is no rule that says someone from the other team can't join them. It's not a time out. Not that RR is really overhearing anything but he is not letting them talk for fear of being over heard. He is Rodman like in his ability to see the little things things that others don't see.

« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
All I know is that I don't want Rajon Rondo back in BOS with the team currently constructed as is, and that he, Boogie, Gay and Co. just gave DAL the business last night, which is GREAT.

I love how Coach C waited until the day before their first game against Rondo to FINALLY shed some light on the issue while he was in DAL.

As Johnny Mathis and Deniece Williams sang in this BEAUTIFUL song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ceb5OVG7k

"Too much too little too late......."

Rondo is in a better place now and I'm happy for him and SAC. I don't blame Coach C, but moreso Cuban for his half-tailed grab at contention. He should've consulted with his TEAM before trying to make something fit that didn't - AND casting the blame on Rondo.

« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2015, 04:17:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Look

I told you guys on the Celtics blog

" I don't play defense"