Author Topic: That Rondo Thread  (Read 43021 times)

Re: Bring Rondo Back!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 09:36:40 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Y'all are gonna have to try way harder than this to get BBallTim out of his cave..

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 09:40:32 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Rondo won't be a Top 5 player on his team.  He is toast and he has a bad attitude...the worst combination to join a young team like the C's.

You forgot lazy & can't shoot

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 10:31:50 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I still thing he can be a top 5 player. I'm going to keep this thread alive even if no one else does. Lets make thi the thread to root Rondo on in Sac. I really like Crowder too, but my love for Rondo will never die and my love for the Celtics is never in question.

Whenever, come back Rondo and lead us to more championships!

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 11:42:49 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Became a Cs fan on account of the fire that th Doc Rivers teams used to show. Pre-ACL Rondo had lots of it. However he does not fit so well with CBS' team.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 03:05:34 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
You guys are terrible fans, you wanted Rondo gone for so long and finally got your wish. He's going to prove you guys wrong and have a great year.

Also the "he will be in China next year" comment are silly. I live in China now and Rondo would be a terrible fit for a CBA team. The Chinese players can't really play they just pass it to the foreigner and hope he can score 50 a game. Rondo needs to be out there with 4 guys who can score, not 4 guys watching him and hoping he scores.

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 03:06:41 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Lots of us never wanted Rondo to leave. Just like lots of us never wanted Bird to retire. That doesn't mean we want them to come back after the fact.

He had every reason to prove everyone wrong this year in Dallas. He, uh, didn't.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 04:37:16 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I agree with nearly every post, the exceptions being the original post and one calling the posters 'terrible fans' and inferring nobody else liked Rondo or wishes him well because they don't agree with the absurd idea of bringing him back.

Though I must thank the OP for posting and getting all the other responses I enjoyed reading or viewing. TPs to a number of contributors.

Where is the 'Bring Back Ray Allen' thread?

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2015, 05:05:16 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Let me make it clear that I never had a problem with Rondo when he was here. Even if he'd take nights off and let his temper get the best of him at the worst times, I loved him. I 100% believed he was one of the best point guards in the league and was a superstar. I never wanted him gone, and when Danny traded him, I thought the Celtics got peanuts for him. I hope that Rondo does become the guy he was in the Big 3 era and leads Sacramento to the playoffs. I wish him all the best and will always appreciate what he did for this franchise. Am I a terrible fan?

However, I don't want him back. For a few reasons. He has yet to play like the Rondo of 2012 even though he should be fully recovered by now. He does not fit with how this team is currently constructed. If he was brought back he would take minutes away from IT and Smart, our two most valuable players right now. His stint on the Mavericks was so horrific to the point that he destroyed his value not just because he hasn't been the same player but because he turned his back on his team when they needed him the most. That's not exactly someone who teams want on their roster, hence why the Kings were the only team that wanted him.

Rondo's had opportunities to prove himself post big-3 and he's failed. If he succeeds this season, then great for him! However, the Celtics have moved on from him. Time for everyone else to do the same.

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 06:41:15 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Given the performance of older  "more mature" Rondo since leaving  Boston, does anyone here ever give any credit to Doc (who seems to only get hate here) for keeping Rajon together as well as he did while in boston?

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
I'll give Doc credit for that. He did a really good job managing personalities. I think he was probably a bit harder on Rondo than other guys as Rondo played his position.

I see a lot of you guys points, I think I just believe in Rondo's talent and drive a lot more than anyone else who is posting here. Yeah it didn't work out in Dallas and yeah he wasn't able to be like Nash after the big 3 (by that I mean get guys scoring more than they normally would and win more games than the talent on paper would indicate.) Bu he did so many things so well and for a long stretch of time. I think he has a very very strong drive and I don't see him fading away like this. Maybe, I'll be proven wrong but I never understand the Rondo hate.

And yes I do realize most of you guys don't hate Rondo. You're not terrible fans :)

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Comeback player of the year this season with the Kings. Huge contract next season.

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 09:06:14 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I am first. A Celtic fan.  After that, I am a Rondo fan.  I believe that Rondo, like Paul Pierce, and even going back to Larry Bird, has been treated shabbily by Boston, and will not ever be back Ina Celtic uniform.  Even with the recent damage to his reputation (of being difficult to coach and lingering injuries) he has better options elsewhere.  IMO, as presently formed, theCeltics, with or without Rondo, are a interesting team and will be fun to watch, but are maybe years from contending for a title.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 09:49:12 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
How many people like me came here to gawk at the absurdity of such a suggestion?

hand raised...

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2015, 10:02:15 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

You mean:

"Whenever, come back Rondo and be the 4-6th best player on more championships!"
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2015, 10:35:54 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton

You mean:

"Whenever, come back Rondo and be the 4-6th best player on more championships!"

That would be great.