Author Topic: brandon wright vs perry jones 111 vs dwight powell  (Read 2510 times)

brandon wright vs perry jones 111 vs dwight powell
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:51:30 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i remember watching highlites of wright and being very pleased we had a big that could jump like that
man,what a dissapointment-no d, got pushed around-no sad farewell for him
perry is a much better upgrade to wright ,can dribble shoot outside and goes vertical and only 23-
you would think a south west  team would like this perry guy-dallas,phoenix

dwight powell played a few minutes after leaving the celtics but i enjoyed his play with red claws ,i thought he
performed much better than young by quite a margin
i kept track of powell but he struggled to get on court last year-caught some glimpses in sl

Re: brandon wright vs perry jones 111 vs dwight powell
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:34:39 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
nobody talks much about jerebko,the guy shot well ran the court and was active on d-
he was a very good rookie with detroit but tore an achilles
another steal by danny and getting lost in shuffle-if he gets to play enough may have a breakout year

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Brandon Wright clearly better than either of the other two.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:20:27 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
i remember watching highlites of wright and being very pleased we had a big that could jump like that
man,what a dissapointment-no d, got pushed around-no sad farewell for him
perry is a much better upgrade to wright ,can dribble shoot outside and goes vertical and only 23-
you would think a south west  team would like this perry guy-dallas,phoenix

dwight powell played a few minutes after leaving the celtics but i enjoyed his play with red claws ,i thought he
performed much better than young by quite a margin
i kept track of powell but he struggled to get on court last year-caught some glimpses in sl

You're letting your optimism run askew, rollie. Perry Jones has sucked as a basketball player for his three years in the league. He's been utter trash. The fact that he's still in the league now after three years of being a terrible player is, honestly, the greatest accomplishment he's had in the NBA, because most other players would've been overseas by now.

You cannot point to anything he's actually done in the NBA to show that he's a superior player to Wright; just bringing up theoretical attributes that he's going to magically display and "potential" that he's going to magically realize as a Celtic after never doing so before isn't cutting it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:30:14 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 10:17:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
you might be right there(pun intended)i have posted about aphrodisic appeal of finding an athletic 6-11 guy,
but i feel my opinion on wright was right(ha ha)but i will look up how he did last year
i know he didn't get a chance here but man the guy could be pushed around-thanks for the reply thats what this board is for
i have tempered my hope of a emergence on perry

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
No problem, I just think people are getting blinded by Jones' attributes and his "OMG 32-POINT OUTBURST" game and overlooking that he's done nothing of note in the league.

Wright has been one of the more heralded reserve bigs for a few seasons now. Advanced metrics love the guy.

Look at it this way: you're comparing a guy going into his ninth season of continuous employment in the NBA to a fourth year player whose former team had to salary dump him with cash and a second rounder because there's a strong chance the Celtics will just cut him outright and thus wanted further compensation.

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 10:30:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't expect much from Jones that way if he does something it will be a pleasant surprise.

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 10:35:27 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
wright has had a very travelled career-had a few double figure games one with 7blocks against pelicans-he has been on about 7 teams-signed with grizzlies for about 18mill -figures were not released-avg lat year 7pts 4 rebounds in 19 min
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:46:21 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 10:58:11 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
for the sake of discussion,i think dwight was just about dunks via putbacks and pick and rolls
where perry has a outside shot ,can create of dribble and guarded lebron and did well-there is no comparison to skill level-
-i have watched alot of tape on perry and he is skilled but obviously it hasn't translated

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 09:13:10 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
dwight powell just made player of week team canada--