Author Topic: Return of Tebow  (Read 8454 times)

Re: Return of Tebow
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 12:49:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm sure the Montreal Alouettes are calling.  If he's half as successful as Flutie was in the CFL, that's still a solid career.

Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  31m31 minutes ago
Eagles released QB Tim Tebow, per source.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It's frustrating to me that the NFL watches a guy like Tebow have tremendous success as a running QB in both college and with the Broncos, then expect him to be a drop back passer. This is a guy that needs to be on the move all the time, not a drop back passer.

But also...Tebow has got to be able to make his reads, hit his 2nd or 3rd option, feel the pressure, and not get sacked or intercepted, and it's just not happening now.

Or he has to switch positions or go to the CFL for a decent internship.

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
This has to be the end now, right?  At least in the short term, I can't imagine anyone else giving him a shot.  Maybe if he goes to the CFL for a bit. 

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 01:25:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It seems like it. He didn't come back after the Patriots attempt right away. Maybe if some guys get hurt he has a shot. I suppose if the Eagles went into the year with only 2 Qbs and one of them got hurt (Bradford has a history of that) maybe they'd bring him back

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 03:11:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Idk, but Tebow and that Broncos team did beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs one time

That game was AWESOME.

And he threw for 316 yards..

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 03:32:25 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
It's frustrating to me that the NFL watches a guy like Tebow have tremendous success as a running QB in both college and with the Broncos, then expect him to be a drop back passer. This is a guy that needs to be on the move all the time, not a drop back passer.

But also...Tebow has got to be able to make his reads, hit his 2nd or 3rd option, feel the pressure, and not get sacked or intercepted, and it's just not happening now.

Tremendous success? He was terrible that season.

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

the college style of offense doesn't work in the NFL.  Even the newer mold guys who are more mobile, still have big arms and can make all the throws.  Tebow never learned how to throw.  If he really wanted to make it in the NFL he had to switch positions like Braxton Miller has done at Ohio State. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2015, 04:35:05 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
ESPN hypes guys up like Tebow and Manziel some pro team bites and gets burnt.

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
College game barely mirrors the pro game anymore, especially from an offensive scheme standpoint.   Position hit most hard by this dynamic is the quarterback position.  If you're scouting, it has to be a near nightmare.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 05:34:06 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I know some people like college sports, but the NFL and the NBA really need to have a minor league system like baseball and hockey.  Then they can take elite high school talent and develop it to actually fit the pro game rather than this asinine approach of letting colleges screw players up for 2-4 years.  And it really is asinine.  People decry the decline of NCAA basketball and football, but no one cares that baseball and hockey routinely scoop up players out of high school and put them in the minors. 

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 05:46:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I know some people like college sports, but the NFL and the NBA really need to have a minor league system like baseball and hockey.  Then they can take elite high school talent and develop it to actually fit the pro game rather than this asinine approach of letting colleges screw players up for 2-4 years.  And it really is asinine.  People decry the decline of NCAA basketball and football, but no one cares that baseball and hockey routinely scoop up players out of high school and put them in the minors.

Controversial opinion: no one should care about NCAA athletics beyond rooting for an alma mater.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Controversial opinion: no one should care about NCAA athletics beyond rooting for an alma mater.
That's an interesting opinion. Why is that?

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I totally agree.  The business of college football and basketball is a farce.  We need legitimate minor leagues for both the NFL and the NBA.

College athletics should be for students who want to play sports, not for professional prospects playing for free while earning big bucks for their colleges.

It's a twisted system. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

That's pretty much my opinion .   I root for the college I graduated from .....and could care less about any other school.