Author Topic: Trade for Shabazz Muhummed  (Read 6990 times)

Re: Trade for Shabazz Muhummed
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
All right, as long as we're here, what does D.o.s. stand for?

I don't know Dan Shaughnessy's middle name but fingers crossed anyway!

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
They would be.  Boston shouldn't.  Giving up a 1st rounder (especially when there is a decent chance Boston's pick is in the lotto) would be a big overpay.  He could eventually be a decent role player, but he's no great shakes.  If we had a pick that was all but certain to be a very late 1st rounder (like LAC's last year), then I'd think about it.

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Everybody knows Shaughnessy's initials are CHB
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 11:50:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
They wouldn't bite for ET. I don't think they have any need for him with "fresh legs" A. Miller at back-up PG. In general, though, that's what is tough about ET - he's probably undervalued a bit by some, and will probably be difficult to trade, because he has such a circumscribed game.

He's a fine, proven NBA player... and the argument by the pro-ETs will be "he can do a little of everything." But, that's true only when the ball is in his hands. So how many teams are looking for a high-usage, primary ball-handler in a 3? I like ET. He's just an odd duck in some ways... could be very useful for a team requiring his skill set but not at all useful for those (many) that don't. Will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Shabazz could be a nice fit in that a) he can score, b) he can create, c) he's very young, and d) when his lack of D is hurting us we can easily fill that void at the 3. And yeah, I guess the jury is still out on whether or not he can shoot, but 39% from 3 on an albeit very limited 51 attempts last season at least suggests he may be able to develop range.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:09:23 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 01:00:28 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Shaq, you got to come stronger than that. I'll do it for ET, I mean yeah sure but they won't. Would you do Turner Young and Dallas first for him.

That would really improve our team right now. Is it worth it long term though.

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 01:59:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

It's an acroynm.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 06:39:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Shaq, you got to come stronger than that. I'll do it for ET, I mean yeah sure but they won't. Would you do Turner Young and Dallas first for him.

That would really improve our team right now. Is it worth it long term though.

I'm not good a figuring out trades,  I guess that's good deal .   I would just like to see him off the Celtics .

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 08:26:24 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
They wouldn't bite for ET. I don't think they have any need for him with "fresh legs" A. Miller at back-up PG. In general, though, that's what is tough about ET - he's probably undervalued a bit by some, and will probably be difficult to trade, because he has such a circumscribed game.

He's a fine, proven NBA player... and the argument by the pro-ETs will be "he can do a little of everything." But, that's true only when the ball is in his hands. So how many teams are looking for a high-usage, primary ball-handler in a 3? I like ET. He's just an odd duck in some ways... could be very useful for a team requiring his skill set but not at all useful for those (many) that don't. Will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Shabazz could be a nice fit in that a) he can score, b) he can create, c) he's very young, and d) when his lack of D is hurting us we can easily fill that void at the 3. And yeah, I guess the jury is still out on whether or not he can shoot, but 39% on an albeit very limited 51 attempts last season at least suggests he may be able to develop range.

He lack of D is profound as he was 76th out of 81 SF's in the NBA last year in DRPM:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/5

Ouch!!!

I didn't realize how BAD his defense really was.

Not so sure that we would want him and I am not so sure that Minny wouldn't trade him due to this.

Smitty77

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 10:15:24 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I'd be all for it and think you could sell them on one of our trade packages pretty easily.

They must know Bazz is eventually going to sulk in Minney. Just too small a market for him he seems like more of a big city player in temperment.

Really like his scoring ability think he has the ability to be a strong finisher at the rim in a way so many of today's players are lacking. That knack for beating your man finishing around the help defenders is something players like Avery Bradley may never comprehend.

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think I would leave draft picks out of a trade for Shabazz, but he might be a decent player to obtain. Maybe Turner and Young - that leaves us with Shabazz  and Crowder at the SF with Jerebko / Smart able to move over for big / small line-ups, respectively. It also alleviates our roster crunch so that our future superstar, PJIII, can be kept.

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 10:48:21 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Shabazz is a good target but the Twolves might prove to be a difficult partner for us. They are in much the same situation we are - too many bodies.

Bigs - KG, Dieng, Towns, Pekovic, Bennett, Bjelica, Payne,
SFs - Wiggins, Shabazz, Prince, Rudez,
SGs - Kevin Martin, LaVine
PGs - Rubio, Miller, Tyus Jones, Lorenzo Brown

By my count, 17 under contract. Quite some roster crunch and it is worst with the bigs - just like with us. They are looking for a 2 for 1 trade, not 1 for 2.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 02:13:51 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I guess I wonder if he's really better than Perry Jones, who we got for better-than-free. I'd like to see how he fairs first.

Oh I think he's better than Jones. Muhammad has atleast shown he's consistent. The real question is are his good stats legit or are they empty? I think we'll find out a year or so from now when the Timberwolves start hitting their potential. I think he's going to be good which is why Minnesota's not giving him up.

I'd like him here, but I don't see it happening.

Two guys playing in very different situations. We'll see whether Jones can carve out a role on a team without an All-World SF in front of him.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2015, 03:35:19 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I guess I wonder if he's really better than Perry Jones, who we got for better-than-free. I'd like to see how he fairs first.

Oh I think he's better than Jones. Muhammad has atleast shown he's consistent. The real question is are his good stats legit or are they empty? I think we'll find out a year or so from now when the Timberwolves start hitting their potential. I think he's going to be good which is why Minnesota's not giving him up.

I'd like him here, but I don't see it happening.

Two guys playing in very different situations. We'll see whether Jones can carve out a role on a team without an All-World SF in front of him.

Not really. PJIII got a real extended look when Durant went down and still fell out of the rotation. OKC without Durant/Westbrook was just about the same as Minnesota at that point. Muhammed when given the chance atleast stayed in the rotation.

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'd love to see Muhammad given a go here. He seems to have sorted his attitude out which for me was his biggest negative. Not sure how viable a two team trade would be given both teams need to cut a few bodies loose.