Author Topic: NBA Class Acts (including Amir)  (Read 914 times)

NBA Class Acts (including Amir)
« on: September 03, 2015, 02:01:21 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Came across a film series on Youtube called "Open Gym: Presented by Bell" and wanted to share the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMyYci5Oi0

The early part of the series (it's long) seems to be focused on the Raptors, including DeMar and Amir. Don't want to leave out others that were pictured and recently participated in NBA Africa, including Tobias Harris and Greg Monroe.

In later episodes, DeRozan is highlighted quite a bit. And in earlier episodes, Amir is more of a focus. He seems like a great person, over and above bball, and it's really nice to see. I think we did very well in signing him and hope he's not projected as a quick-flip piece for a star. I can easily see him being the J. Crowder of the '15-16' season, and if he is, I'd love to see him stick around for a while.

I think we'd be gifted to land DeMar down the line, perhaps via trade next year or as a FA in 2017. A majority of the discussions here focus on what we need to do to get better, advantages other teams have on us, etc. But I wouldn't be disappointed to be competitive, even if not great, with guys that are both skilled basketball players and fine role models.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:12:15 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: NBA Class Acts (including Amir)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
"At the bar, Andre mentions that he is merging his plastic surgery practice with another doctor's, whom he describes as a "class act." Pete points out that sportscasters use the term "class act" only when discussing black NFL coaches, and Andre admits that his new partner, Dr. Maxwell, is indeed black. They discuss other labels sportscasters use, such as "firecracker" for Latino players, and "gym rats" for white players."

Just watched that episode yesterday so it was fresh on my mind.  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Re: NBA Class Acts (including Amir)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:44:55 AM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Came across a film series on Youtube called "Open Gym: Presented by Bell" and wanted to share the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMyYci5Oi0

The early part of the series (it's long) seems to be focused on the Raptors, including DeMar and Amir. Don't want to leave out others that were pictured and recently participated in NBA Africa, including Tobias Harris and Greg Monroe.

In later episodes, DeRozan is highlighted quite a bit. And in earlier episodes, Amir is more of a focus. He seems like a great person, over and above bball, and it's really nice to see. I think we did very well in signing him and hope he's not projected as a quick-flip piece for a star. I can easily see him being the J. Crowder of the '15-16' season, and if he is, I'd love to see him stick around for a while.

I think we'd be gifted to land DeMar down the line, perhaps via trade next year or as a FA in 2017. A majority of the discussions here focus on what we need to do to get better, advantages other teams have on us, etc. But I wouldn't be disappointed to be competitive, even if not great, with guys that are both skilled basketball players and fine role models.

Thanks for the tip tarheelsxxiii, TP. Great watch.