Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas  (Read 4412 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

this might very well be a case of when a player is more valuable to his incumbent team than to most other teams. what IT offers as an off the bench dynamic scorer is something the celtics need. of course they need other things as well, but IT fills one important need for them.

I think it's fair to assume that is the case with the Celtics, yeah. 

The Celtics desperately lack a dynamic scoring presence without Thomas on the floor.  That is what makes putting up with his inability to play defense worthwhile.

On a team with multiple quality scoring options, Isaiah's weaknesses would start to become a bigger deal than his scoring prowess.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Isaiah Thomas
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

this might very well be a case of when a player is more valuable to his incumbent team than to most other teams. what IT offers as an off the bench dynamic scorer is something the celtics need. of course they need other things as well, but IT fills one important need for them.

I think it's fair to assume that is the case with the Celtics, yeah. 

The Celtics desperately lack a dynamic scoring presence without Thomas on the floor.  That is what makes putting up with his inability to play defense worthwhile.

On a team with multiple quality scoring options, Isaiah's weaknesses would start to become a bigger deal than his scoring prowess.
I'd trade that dude so quick if i was the Gm. Marcus Smart needs to get the right reps at point and deserves to defend point guards and maybe make a defensive team. I think we saw some real promising development this summer and I bet he continues to get better in all aspects.

IT would be great on the right team and that is who we should trade him to. We should stop worrying about our secondary unit when we have no star's on the team and it looks like we may be in purgatory the next few years.....essentially destroying our great hand that we have been dealt( the stack of picks). By the way we drafted Terry Rozier and as a jr and the 16th pick he would be expected to get pt.....but we are pushing to maybe make the 8th seed and get swept again!!!!!!

I also think that many people are actually afraid of playing youth/development ball because they don't want to upset Steven's. Am I not correct that some people here really care way too much about his feelings? Well Steven's probably wants to win a championship more than anyone. He came close in college and now that he is in the NBA I would put money/gold that he wants the quickest route to a championship/dynasty. He knows just as much as we do that being the 8th seed and getting bounced or even making the 2nd round is essentially purgatory. Steven's deserves higher talent level on the team, maybe it will come in the form of a younger player busting out, or a trade, or a prospect.......CBS wants a championship/ the dynamic players it takes to make it there every year.....especially with his great coaching.