Author Topic: Build the Offense around Perry Jones  (Read 6937 times)

Re: Build the Offense around Perry Jones
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 02:12:01 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
A major issue that hasn't been discussed yet is what to do with Simmons (via BKN pick) and PJ III. Both can't be ball-dominant on the court in '16-'17, and you have to figure PJ III will have carved out his role as alpha by the all-star break of this year... so Stevens may well encounter his biggest challenge yet. Pending injury, may be best to move back in the draft so as not to select someone that's just going to get in PJ's way, honestly

Hahahaha. TP.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 04:09:48 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
PJIII, and Tyler Corness, as the 'horns. Three guards constantly slashing or spotting up around them. Genius.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 05:33:41 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
A major issue that hasn't been discussed yet is what to do with Simmons (via BKN pick) and PJ III. Both can't be ball-dominant on the court in '16-'17, and you have to figure PJ III will have carved out his role as alpha by the all-star break of this year... so Stevens may well encounter his biggest challenge yet. Pending injury, may be best to move back in the draft so as not to select someone that's just going to get in PJ's way, honestly
You should consider starting a version of The Onion for the Celtics  ;D

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 07:57:19 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
we constantly talk of jones super athleticism and the way he can stretch the floor with his shooting.  We have him projected at the three.  What I have yet to hear a legit discussion of is whether he can play center.  He is big enough and could be the most athletic center in the league, with the ability to score, stretch the floor and his athleticism may help the interior defense.  I would like to see him tried there to see if he can't be a solution to that probem.

We already have turner, crowder and jerebko at the three.  I think perry was traded for to see if he could be the center we are looking for.

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 08:13:07 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
you are truly wise beyond your years!! TP

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 08:18:04 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Amir Johnson
 Sullinger
 Perry Jones
 Marcus Smart
 Isaiah Thomas

That would be hard to guard.

I don't think that that lineup would be particularly hard to guard.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I just couldn't help it 8) With all the Jones and Young threads. But I'm still going to take my crazy point seriously And say that this lineup of.

Amir Johnson
 Sullinger
 Perry Jones
 Marcus Smart
 Isaiah Thomas

That would be hard to guard. And Sub in David Lee if he's playing well. We also could run a Giant Frontcourt with

Tyler Zeller
 Amir Johnson or Kelly
 Perry Jones

The Perry Jones hype train! All Aboard! CBS is turning this kid into a HOFamer like it or not!

I'm not sure what your smoking but pass it this way. ;D

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm just worried if the defense tries to shut him down he may feel forced to power up to Perry Jones IV.  Unleashing power levels of that magnitude could destroy the entire arena.

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
The number of "Perry Jones" threads have been unbelieveable on this page ::)

It seems like a lot of people are high on Jones, but it would be a little crazy to build the entire offense around a player who hasn't really proved himself on this team. Time will tell if he's the player who is capable of leading the offense on this team.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:36:20 AM by TA9 »
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:24 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
we constantly talk of jones super athleticism and the way he can stretch the floor with his shooting.  We have him projected at the three.  What I have yet to hear a legit discussion of is whether he can play center.  He is big enough and could be the most athletic center in the league, with the ability to score, stretch the floor and his athleticism may help the interior defense.  I would like to see him tried there to see if he can't be a solution to that probem.

We already have turner, crowder and jerebko at the three.  I think perry was traded for to see if he could be the center we are looking for.

He's as credible an option for starting center as Isaiah Thomas. Probably less since I assume Thomas at least has a strong core.

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 11:11:27 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm just worried if the defense tries to shut him down he may feel forced to power up to Perry Jones IV.  Unleashing power levels of that magnitude could destroy the entire arena.

LOL love it

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
I'm worried that if we play Perry Jones, the NBA might require us to play with only 4 men.  As it might be unfair to the other team otherwise.  Even though Perry Jones is worth more than 2 men by himself, it might upset our players that we have to constantly bench an extra man each game.  But considering that Perry Jones will be runaway league MVP, maybe this sacrifice will be worth it.

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 12:04:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Pictured: Perry Jones IV

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 12:18:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Pictured: Perry Jones IV

And that's not even his final form!

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 01:16:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
we constantly talk of jones super athleticism and the way he can stretch the floor with his shooting.  We have him projected at the three.  What I have yet to hear a legit discussion of is whether he can play center. He is big enough and could be the most athletic center in the league, with the ability to score, stretch the floor and his athleticism may help the interior defense.  I would like to see him tried there to see if he can't be a solution to that probem.

actually pgIII can play center, pf, sf, sg, pg and coach...all at the same time! think of the savings on payroll when the celtics field an on court team of just pjIII !!!!!  he can pass to himself for a slam dunk, or kick it back out to himself for a 3 pointer.

i cant wait to see this kid take the nba by storm.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva